• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

bonding now! BONDED!?

Sounds positive though. I must say Inky and Smokey still chase eachother now and then and they've been bonded for over 3 years, so it is quite normal.

As long as there is no aggression, they're doing well.

Lots of Squirrel loves Spudsey vibes!

FC xx

Sounds positive though. I must say Inky and Smokey still chase eachother now and then and they've been bonded for over 3 years, so it is quite normal.

As long as there is no aggression, they're doing well.

Lots of Squirrel loves Spudsey vibes!

FC xx

Just waiting for one of them to lick the other one then I'll know its lurrrvvve!!

Not sure when it would be ok to move them outside into their new home though?

I made the mistake of trying mine in their hutch too soon:rolleyes: Definitely leave them until you're positive they are best friends! I am intending to leave Elsa and Sammy in their bonding pen for about a week. I am also going to paint the inside of the hutch (and the outside while I'm at it too I think:lol:, possibly the picnic table too:D), rearrange the outside run, set out the inside of the hutch differently, scrub every day or 2, leave the hutch roof open to air. I think I'll have done all I can then!:lol:

I made the mistake of trying mine in their hutch too soon:rolleyes: Definitely leave them until you're positive they are best friends! I am intending to leave Elsa and Sammy in their bonding pen for about a week. I am also going to paint the inside of the hutch (and the outside while I'm at it too I think:lol:, possibly the picnic table too:D), rearrange the outside run, set out the inside of the hutch differently, scrub every day or 2, leave the hutch roof open to air. I think I'll have done all I can then!:lol:

Think o/h was hoping they might be outside tonight! I'm happy with them being in the house a few more days till I'm certain but I do hope they don't make that racket again tonight! Both bunnies sitting near-ish each other both quite settled and calm. :)

Now 4.15pm, both bunnies have been with each other since 11.30am yesterday morning. Squirrel has checked Spudsey out a bit more, she lay down whilst he sort of buried his nose in her then she hopped it! Still yanking out her fur though when he chases her....

Well at least they are getting a bit closer. Lots of bonding vibes!

FC xx

Thanks! Feel a bit mean for Spudsey at the moment as I normally let her out each evening to stretch those slender wild legs! The run is only 4x4 but she seems quite contented at the moment. would love to read bunny minds :roll:

How now? I know what you are going througb as I'm doing it with my 2 just now as well... I am also feeling guilty that Elsa is in a smallish pen in the shed when she is used to a big hutch and massive run! Ah well, she'll appreciate it all the more when she gets back there:lol:

How now? I know what you are going througb as I'm doing it with my 2 just now as well... I am also feeling guilty that Elsa is in a smallish pen in the shed when she is used to a big hutch and massive run! Ah well, she'll appreciate it all the more when she gets back there:lol:

Still not bonded, no grooming going on yet, sit together on the odd occasion touching noses but normally sitting away from each other....

When I went to put both rabbits in their carrier whilst I cleaned them out, Spudsey ran over to Squirrel to 'hide'. When I got them both in the carrier Squirrel was really giving her a good lick! Then back in the run both bunnies were on quite a few occasions snuggling up to each others nose!

bonded?

Sounds like it, well done! Just remember to make sure all new accomodation, accesories etc are neutral before moving them in together properly.

Ohhhhhhhhhhh well done :wave::wave::wave:I think we need to see some piccys of the newly weds :love:

Ok will do. Have decided that I might move them into the shed for the time being as the hutch/run I got for them is far to small for Spudsey and she's getting to the point where she is desperate to have a run round. It was quite funny this morning she was attempting to run round in the 4x4 run shes in at the moment, Squirrels face was a picture as she ran past him at top speeds!:lol:

Back