• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

bonding, newbie questions

tobiesmummy

Young Bun
hi :wave: A few months ago i rescued little tobie, hes male, i love having him :) However today my friends friends daughter (bare with me lol) decided she was going to "get rid" of her two female rabbits and me being the softy iam took them on :? I may have got ahead of myself as i dont know the first thing about bonding. I dont plan on bonding them with tobie as when i got him the rescue clearly told me he could not be bonded with any other rabbits, the reason he got rehomed is because his owners had tried several attempts at bonding him with there other rabbits and he seriously hurt them . I will not even try to bond them. So now im going to try and bond the two females. Before they came to me, one was in the garden in a little hutch and the other was in the garage in a smaller hutch (both which are bonfire wood now!)
My boyfriend previously made a massive 7ft foot hutch, 3ft deep with a 6ft run attached, that was meant for tobie but he prefers being inside :roll:
One is in there and we have bought a hutch for the other to stay in whilst they are bonding :)
anyway sooo sorry for the essay, ive just realised how much ive wrote :oops::oops::oops:
My initial question was, how do we go about this? At the moment there hutches are facing eachother. One female is spayed, the other isnt. We are planning on spaying the other girl when they live together but whilst they are going for "play dates" is it nessecary? We cant get her spayed for another few months. Ive heard girls dont get along as well, does anyone know why this is? Any suggestions and tips welcome and thanks for listening to my huge rant lol :):)

Back