• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding my four together ... pictures - post #19

Looks to be going well, but just keep an eye on them as I agree that too much space too soon can set them back... they may seem bored being closed in but it's best to make sure their bond is a firm one.

Mine were in the house for 3 weeks - a week in the lounge to start. Then to the spare bedroom then to the down stairs loo. Each move was due to getting tetchy and began with a trip in the car!

After 3 weeks they went out into a brand new house and then they were cordoned off so they had a limited space. My group does have 2 very fiesty bossy girls, one nervous doe and there were 3 bucks. One buck got kicked out after 2 weeks of moving outside - 5 weeks of being together - but I put this down to spring tantrums from the head doe with her son joining in! The remaining 5 had limited patio exercise - but had a further 2 weeks of reaffirming their bond (when numbers reduced to 5) before being let out to run loose round the whole garden. I always feel it's best to go slowly and steadily than rush things and risk losing the start of a great bond. However they do have a knack of making you feel guilty and tempting you into trusting them to behave themselves :lol:

Looks to be going well, but just keep an eye on them as I agree that too much space too soon can set them back... they may seem bored being closed in but it's best to make sure their bond is a firm one.

Mine were in the house for 3 weeks - a week in the lounge to start. Then to the spare bedroom then to the down stairs loo. Each move was due to getting tetchy and began with a trip in the car!

After 3 weeks they went out into a brand new house and then they were cordoned off so they had a limited space. My group does have 2 very fiesty bossy girls, one nervous doe and there were 3 bucks. One buck got kicked out after 2 weeks of moving outside - 5 weeks of being together - but I put this down to spring tantrums from the head doe with her son joining in! The remaining 5 had limited patio exercise - but had a further 2 weeks of reaffirming their bond (when numbers reduced to 5) before being let out to run loose round the whole garden. I always feel it's best to go slowly and steadily than rush things and risk losing the start of a great bond. However they do have a knack of making you feel guilty and tempting you into trusting them to behave themselves :lol:

Thanks, I know the guilty look and I ended up letting them out this morning (and they are still out now!). To be honest I dont know if it made any difference but all 4 were able to see/smell/touch each other through bars since the babies (holly & Angel) were about 6 weeks old. I have even caught Star (the mum) grooming the other two through the bars before bonding them. I have given them the free run of the garden all day now and all 4 are coping fine (in fact three of them are inside the run snuggled up as I speak!).

Back