• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

bonding help

emmaclaire

Warren Scout
hi all i have a 2 yr old netherland dwarf in the next few weeks i am getting him castrated , he has been living on his own all his life in a large indoor cage he is a house rabbit ,he has free range of the house and the garden when we are out there with him, he is spoilt rotten on a scale of 1 - 10 1 being very good how would you say it would be to introduce a female for companion of his own kind would it be easy or is he likely to not accept one as he is so spoilt and has everything to himself bless him xxx

I have a 1 yr old male lop (castrated) and introduced a new little Girl to him last week. He also had the run of most the house, the only places he was not alouwed was the bathroom and our room.

It has all gone well as they are now snuggle buns, I bonded them in the bath and a cage in my room.... I then had the unenviable task of de scenting the whole living room!!! . I dont think his age should be a problem or the fact he is spoilt (harry is more than happy to let the young bun have food, water etc...although he gets a little miffed when she plays with his toys!!) ;)

But you could have a problem in that you have no nuetral areas. you could de-scent a certain room though. In fact i imagine you will have to. Good Luck!!

My mini lop was 1 year old at beg of March, we have had him since last June. We got Rosie on 31st March, I collected her in the unwashed travel box that Axl had been using recently. I also put one of his snuggle toys in with her. She was in the travel box from 9am to 5pm as I had picked her up on my way to work. When home I put her in Axl's old cage in my living room, Axl was also in the living room in a new cage. Within 48 hours they were sharing a cage - I assume I was just VERY lucky with them, but think the fact she had his scent all over her by the time they met may have helped. I didnt neutralise the room either as I didnt know I was supposed to but fortunately everything seems to have gone well.

Axl was used to having the run of the place and apart from having to stroke him when I stroke her its all been fine. Hope your two get on just as well.

Hiya!!!:wave::wave:
If youre getting your fella castrated, wait 6 weeks before bonding him as he will be a bag of hormones and will hump even a speyed female.He will need to calm down a bit!!
Despite being spoilt rotten,Im sure he will share all his goodies with a pretty girlie bun!!!!:D:D

i have just booked Alan in for tuesday ive got butterflys looks like im going to have them for a week, i am going to give Al a few months for his hormones to settle but i wanted to ask when i do get him a wife will she have to be neutered and settled before bonding or will she be ok thanx xx

Back