• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bobby Again NOOOO UD Bobby actually WANTS cuddles

Ian has just called, Bobby did a binky :love:

he has rang me to say that they have both been trying their best to not let him have a lie in today :lol:

And Bob's seems back to her old self:love:

I am still going to get an action plan because I never want to go through seeing my girl so lifeless.

Though she did let me have lots of cuddles, when poorly, because Carlo keps trying to bite the recovery food off her whiskers :cry:

So she was with me all day yesterday

probably a silly question but do you keep checking she is eating with pellets and treats of a daytime when you are hom?? i found when Alvin used to stop eating it was of a weekend.. i used to disturb him during the day just to check he was eating and yes i used pellets :oops:

now as hard as it is, when im home i wont go upstairs and wake the bunnies until well after 4pm because their normal routine during the week does not involve me :( deffo no more are you eating pellets they caused more harm than good :oops:

probably a silly question but do you keep checking she is eating with pellets and treats of a daytime when you are hom?? i found when Alvin used to stop eating it was of a weekend.. i used to disturb him during the day just to check he was eating and yes i used pellets :oops:

now as hard as it is, when im home i wont go upstairs and wake the bunnies until well after 4pm because their normal routine during the week does not involve me :( deffo no more are you eating pellets they caused more harm than good :oops:

You know what?? I was thinking of your Alvin all weekend, and how you seem to do things very similarly to I do.

I did use pelletts and Ian thinks he may have given them a bit too much.:evil:

he won't out and out admit it though,

You see Carlo knows when to stop eating, but Bobby nooooo:roll:

So I should just leave them to it during the day then?

Ohhh this is horrible, I don't know how you did it

So I should just leave them to it during the day then?

depends what they are used to? if they love having you about just try it without extra treats :D

Alvin has tested high for the stress hormone so i have to keep to a routine as much as possible or he seems to react with hunger strike :(

its only been a month since his last stasis attempt and i think that time it was the wind that spooked him :roll:

dont forget tho hun, this one is only 10 days since her last one so probably still related...apparently it takes weeks for a bunny gut to be back to 100%.. she will get there and you will be able to relax again (one day!!)

depends what they are used to? if they love having you about just try it without extra treats :D

Alvin has tested high for the stress hormone so i have to keep to a routine as much as possible or he seems to react with hunger strike :(

its only been a month since his last stasis attempt and i think that time it was the wind that spooked him :roll:

dont forget tho hun, this one is only 10 days since her last one so probably still related...apparently it takes weeks for a bunny gut to be back to 100%.. she will get there and you will be able to relax again (one day!!)

I know, I just wished I had RU at the weekend, I needed someone to tell me to calm down, and that I was doing all I could.

With the pellet thing, I think it is related, as I am pretty sure we double fed them by accident.

Ian loves the madness that ensues when he gets to feed them pellets.

I am going to have to take that job off him.

Alvin and Bobby seem very similar in temperament. I just kept seeing his face when Bobby was giving me evils :lol:

Sending billions of vibes that Bobby is a happy girly tonight xxx

Hoping you all have a nice relaxed evening :wave:

She has been eating hay all night I have been topping up every hour:)

Have cut down to 5 pellet in the morning and about 5 ss in the evening, so she can digest it easier.

I picked a few brambles that i could find.. there wasn't a lot :oops:, and fed some, I have given Hawthorne, I have also watched her drink a fair bit.

I was up till 12.40am last night with the two of them, I really need to relax.

I will be going to the vet for a full check up in 14 days, then I should know what I am dealing with. Wish I had a money tree :cry:

She has been eating hay all night I have been topping up every hour:)

Have cut down to 5 pellet in the morning and about 5 ss in the evening, so she can digest it easier.

I picked a few brambles that i could find.. there wasn't a lot :oops:, and fed some, I have given Hawthorne, I have also watched her drink a fair bit.

I was up till 12.40am last night with the two of them, I really need to relax.

I will be going to the vet for a full check up in 14 days, then I should know what I am dealing with. Wish I had a money tree :cry:

I totally, 100% empathise and sympathise with you Shelly.

It's very difficult to 'switch off' from worrying about them, especially when its something that re-occurs.

Glad she's eating hay like its going out of fashion :D Thats just awesome and will do her tummy an immense amount of good. I'd say i'd go pick Bramble leaves, but its raining so hard here, i daren't go back out right now, but the offer still stands if you want some.

We both went to bed about the same time last night for similar reasons then!

Big Hugs Shelly, im sure all will be okay.

GingeyPops would send her love, but she's at the vets right now, but i'm sure she'd send some pops love to you :love:

Just a note about the fur causing stasis thing. I mentioned this to my vet yesterday as a possible cause for Smudge's stasis. He said it's actually very rare for hair to cause an impaction and stasis and that they've PMed healthy (in that regard) rabbits and found hair in their stomachs. So it seems the major majority of rabbits deal with hair in their stomachs fine. He feels stress is a much more likely trigger.

I think I might have worked it out with Smudge actually. Yesterday had had such a strop on and hide pretty much from when I got home to when I left their room at dinnertime. Then as soon as I left the room he came out and sat with Nutmeg on the fleece and ate hay. So he's having a strop with ME. :roll: I've decided to try giving pellets throughout the day. Not extra ones, just measuring out a portion and hand feeding through the day. So Mum gives them a few when she gets up, I give a few when I get up, then at lunch, then at dinner, etc. See if that helps. We also have metaclop and metacam on hand now.

I totally, 100% empathise and sympathise with you Shelly.

It's very difficult to 'switch off' from worrying about them, especially when its something that re-occurs.

Glad she's eating hay like its going out of fashion :D Thats just awesome and will do her tummy an immense amount of good. I'd say i'd go pick Bramble leaves, but its raining so hard here, i daren't go back out right now, but the offer still stands if you want some.

We both went to bed about the same time last night for similar reasons then!

Big Hugs Shelly, im sure all will be okay.

GingeyPops would send her love, but she's at the vets right now, but i'm sure she'd send some pops love to you :love:

I will be walking home from work tonight so will try and get some then gray, the weather is atrocious :shock:

i have sent some vibes and Popsey love to Ginger.:love:

I NEED to clean my house now, everything seems to have gone out of the window.

Her poops are big though, I hope thats a good sign

I will be walking home from work tonight so will try and get some then gray, the weather is atrocious :shock:

i have sent some vibes and Popsey love to Ginger.:love:

I NEED to clean my house now, everything seems to have gone out of the window.
Her poops are big though, I hope thats a good sign

I gave up cleaning a long time ago.... :lol:

Big poops are awesome :D

You should see some of Gingers, (not over the last few days) :shock: They can be like boulders and i think "how did she get that out!"

Just a note about the fur causing stasis thing. I mentioned this to my vet yesterday as a possible cause for Smudge's stasis. He said it's actually very rare for hair to cause an impaction and stasis and that they've PMed healthy (in that regard) rabbits and found hair in their stomachs. So it seems the major majority of rabbits deal with hair in their stomachs fine. He feels stress is a much more likely trigger.

I think I might have worked it out with Smudge actually. Yesterday had had such a strop on and hide pretty much from when I got home to when I left their room at dinnertime. Then as soon as I left the room he came out and sat with Nutmeg on the fleece and ate hay. So he's having a strop with ME. :roll: I've decided to try giving pellets throughout the day. Not extra ones, just measuring out a portion and hand feeding through the day. So Mum gives them a few when she gets up, I give a few when I get up, then at lunch, then at dinner, etc. See if that helps. We also have metaclop and metacam on hand now.

Bobby is THE greediest bun, she doesn't really get spooked.

I seem to think that between myself and Ian we have been feeding too much pellet, I think:?

Not sure, I did notice her scratching her ear a bit, but I am on super alert from everything, so not sure if it's just me being paranoid anymore. So will definitley feel better once I get to the vets. I have put some cash aside to get some pain relief as well as all the CC and gut stimulant metroclopide I already have.

She does perk right up when she is having an episode when I give her water, so i am thinking maybe dehydration is a factor.

Ian did say to me yesterday, to leave them alone a bit, because I am probably getting on her nerves :oops:

I'm wondering about dehydration with Smudge too as I rarely see him drinking so I might put a second bowl of water under his table where he feels safe.

I gave up cleaning a long time ago.... :lol:

Big poops are awesome :D

You should see some of Gingers, (not over the last few days) :shock: They can be like boulders and i think "how did she get that out!"

they are quite light in colour as well, the same colour as the hay

Back