• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bobby Again NOOOO UD Bobby actually WANTS cuddles

sorry to hear about bobby:( they're such a worry!

i noticed eric pulling at the newspaper in his tray yesterday but he does like to shred it - in hindsight, i should've seen his episode last night coming but he didn't seem to be eating it (he eats cardboard when he craves fibre so i start dishing out the dried leaves etc and remove the cardboard).

Thanks Poppy:wave:

I am noticing there are an awful lot of bunnies having these episodes just now.

What sort of leaves do you use??

I have also been chasing her around to keep her active don't want another slow down

I have also been chasing her around to keep her active don't want another slow down

Do you have any bramble leaves available to you Shelly? They are very fibrous and good for tums.

If you dont, im sure i could bag you up a few and send to see if she will take them?

Do you have any bramble leaves available to you Shelly? They are very fibrous and good for tums.

If you dont, im sure i could bag you up a few and send to see if she will take them?

i haven't seen many yet, but I haven't looked too hard in all fairness. i have a nature reserve near me, I will go take a look.

i will let you know though Graham, thanks so much for offering.

I really needed RU yesterday :cry:

i haven't seen many yet, but I haven't looked too hard in all fairness. i have a nature reserve near me, I will go take a look.

i will let you know though Graham, thanks so much for offering.

I really needed RU yesterday :cry:

Well, let me know - i have an unlimited number of them 2 mins from my front door :wave:

I know how it feels to need RU support. I genuinely dont think Gingeypops would be here without you guys here. I'm sorry i wasn't around yesterday really :(

Well, let me know - i have an unlimited number of them 2 mins from my front door :wave:

I know how it feels to need RU support. I genuinely dont think Gingeypops would be here without you guys here. I'm sorry i wasn't around yesterday really :(

Okay well I will have a look by me tonight and let you know, I thought it was too early in the year for them.

I fed some Hawthorne this morning, I know the leaves aren't too fiberous at this time of year, but they are right by my door:)

Okay well I will have a look by me tonight and let you know, I thought it was too early in the year for them.

I fed some Hawthorne this morning, I know the leaves aren't too fiberous at this time of year, but they are right by my door:)

They aren't HUGE but they are a good size and i dry them in my office and i can get a good supply :)

They aren't HUGE but they are a good size and i dry them in my office and i can get a good supply :)

Okay thanks for the tip I totally forgot about brambles.

Ian just rang she is eating and pooping but the poops are slightly smaller than usual, which I suppose is to be expected with a gut slow down.

She looked so sad and poorly yesterday, I thought I was losing her

Okay thanks for the tip I totally forgot about brambles.

Ian just rang she is eating and pooping but the poops are slightly smaller than usual, which I suppose is to be expected with a gut slow down.

She looked so sad and poorly yesterday, I thought I was losing her

But she's still here :) So focus on that.

Get yourself a little action plan - grooming, feeding, etc. :)

But she's still here :) So focus on that.

Get yourself a little action plan - grooming, feeding, etc. :)

I know, I know:cry: It's just cos she is usually so boistrous and greedy and then to see her with all the Critical Care all over her and that narrow eyed look like she was in pain.:cry:

I wonder whether I could get some pain relief just to keep in case?? :? Do vets let you do that?

I know, I know:cry: It's just cos she is usually so boistrous and greedy and then to see her with all the Critical Care all over her and that narrow eyed look like she was in pain.:cry:

I wonder whether I could get some pain relief just to keep in case?? :? Do vets let you do that?

Yup. They'll let you keep metacam at home if they think its alright normally. Lots of members keep metacam at home :)

Yup. They'll let you keep metacam at home if they think its alright normally. Lots of members keep metacam at home :)

i might just ask them. because it always seems to happen on the weekend.

i wonder if I inadvertantly feed them more when I am about or something.

right i am going change the thread title, to get some hints and tips :wave:

A course of gut motility drugs in conjunction with increased fibre and hydrating greens. :):wave:

GI upset is common in Spring - very often associated with bolting sugary grass, increased energy requirements/light patterns and moulting.

However, recurrent episodes should be investigated for an underlying cause and pain relief should ALWAYS be given immediately if bun is needing to be forcefed (whatever the emergency vet says ;))

A course of gut motility drugs in conjunction with increased fibre and hydrating greens. :):wave:

GI upset is common in Spring - very often associated with bolting sugary grass, increased energy requirements/light patterns and moulting.

However, recurrent episodes should be investigated for an underlying cause and pain relief should ALWAYS be given immediately if bun is needing to be forcefed (whatever the emergency vet says ;))

Sorry what gut motility drugs would be best?? I have metrocopolide (I know thats not how its spelt) its like a clear syrup

Sorry what gut motility drugs would be best?? I have metrocopolide (I know thats not how its spelt) its like a clear syrup

Yes that alongside ranitidine (zantac) for several days after an episode - given together but ON VET ADVICE ONLY OF COURSE. We do 5 days post GI slowdown if it has been a bad episode, if not a couple of days.

Yes that alongside ranitidine (zantac) for several days after an episode - given together but ON VET ADVICE ONLY OF COURSE. We do 5 days post GI slowdown if it has been a bad episode, if not a couple of days.

Thanks, I am going to the vet tommorrow so will ask about that:)

Should I shy away from Shop veg now then? and try a more natural diet?

This is what we've don ehere Shelly, and its amazing the difference in energy levels.

The only things we have from shops is herbs, but not bagged stuff, only fresh and even then its still washed :oops:

Bramble leaves, good quality hay (i know you have that already) plantain, etc all seem to give better energy levels that shop bought veggies :wave:

This is what we've don ehere Shelly, and its amazing the difference in energy levels.

The only things we have from shops is herbs, but not bagged stuff, only fresh and even then its still washed :oops:

Bramble leaves, good quality hay (i know you have that already) plantain, etc all seem to give better energy levels that shop bought veggies :wave:

I think I know what Plantain is, I can never find the pic on google, but will try again :)

bramble, blackberry, raspberry, wild strawberry - anything i can get my hands on!! (and i found some hawthorne under the hedge at the back of my mom's garden yesterday - really think i had a 6th sense about eric being off:?)

essie will eat any of the above but eric's a bit fussier (he doesn't like dried bramble but will eat fresh).

i also keep an emergency bag of 'naturals trio of fruit leaves' in as its not always possible to get fresh stuff - and last year, esme happily scoffed my entire raspberry plants:roll:

bramble, blackberry, raspberry, wild strawberry - anything i can get my hands on!! (and i found some hawthorne under the hedge at the back of my mom's garden yesterday - really think i had a 6th sense about eric being off:?)

essie will eat any of the above but eric's a bit fussier (he doesn't like dried bramble but will eat fresh).

i also keep an emergency bag of 'naturals trio of fruit leaves' in as its not always possible to get fresh stuff - and last year, esme happily scoffed my entire raspberry plants:roll:

Will have to make a start on the bramble rambling now

Back