• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Boarding costs

I can thoroughly recommend Mrs Bunnykins, my boy has stayed with her various times - she is DEFINITELY not overpriced and there's no one I would trust more with my bunny-boy :)

Slightly off topic but please can you share your secret of getting a holiday in Cornwall for 95p a night? Sounds like my sort of holiday! :thumb:

I charge £9 per night per pair inclusive of hay/food/veg. I make next to nothing but what I do make pays for the bunnies in my rescue. It costs a fortune with cleaning, seperate equipment for every set up, petrol costs, lighting, blah blah blah.

People who do boarding are generally not making anything much from it unless they have mass accommodation.

Slightly off topic but please can you share your secret of getting a holiday in Cornwall for 95p a night? Sounds like my sort of holiday! :thumb:

This is what I was wondering :wave:even when we go to cornwall camping in June the cheapest we have found is around £16 p/n ( without electric hook up).

We paid £6 for Oscar and Jessie and it was well worth every penny- part of booking a holiday or any time away making sure we have someone to see to the animals too.

Now we have the kittens too and their last boarding was £15 a night(!!) so we get pet sitters in now to see to them all- £14 a day for two half hours visits, but they feed and play with all the animals, do the litter trays, put the bins out, open/close curtains, switch lights on and off, etc. I couldn't afford to board all ours separately otherwise!!

We charge £5 per night for a single bunny and £6 per night for a bonded pair and for that you get the dry food and greens ample hay, a hutch and play pen and toys, we don't charge for the day they go home and we don't charge extra or double for bank holidays or Christmas.

We work 7 days a week, 12 months of the year and at the moment we are finishing our day at 3:00 am in a morning as we have 31 rescue buns of our own to look after as well as the holiday buns. It's hard work at times. We charge £30 a week for a single bunny boarding.

And well done and thank you.
You work hard, and if you had been closer than i would have taken you up on this offer.

:D

BTW folks there is no secret. Just peoples sheer snobbery that keeps this amazing offer quiet.

I have been using this offer for three years now and its awesome.

I don't think it is running anymore this year.

They are vouchers collected from the daily mail newspaper and its 95p per night for an unserviced camping pitch.

Plenty of places to choose from across the UK too

MAGIC!

we charge 4.50 per night and 6.50 for a pair, we are defo too cheap, we make no profit as any im always spending on the bunny lodge, we love doing it and both have proper jobs .

i spent£200 on the bunny lodge this weekend alone

999826_10201541800525732_745188761_n.jpg

I charge £6 per day for a bonded pair. I make next to nothing for my time, the cost almost entirely covers keeping the hutches tip top, pet safe disinfectants, toys, good quality hay and fresh veg. The bunnies get lots of time and attention, twice daily health (and bottom) checks, grooming when required. No lay ins here, either, despite "working for myself" - I am in the garden at 7am with their breakfast. They get better treatment than my husband or children :lol:

I hope you get sorted. Cornwall is lovely, we have spent many happy holidays down there.

Jenny

See everyone is cheaper than this place. when you add up the cost difference over the 10 days its a big difference.

I not knocking them, they (and all others) do an amazing job. so a big thanks to you all.

But when you need a cheap holiday to get away from work, home and general life but dont have a massive budget, sometimes you just need a little help in life.

BTW folks there is no secret. Just peoples sheer snobbery that keeps this amazing offer quiet.

I have been using this offer for three years now and its awesome.

I don't think it is running anymore this year.

They are vouchers collected from the daily mail newspaper and its 95p per night for an unserviced camping pitch.

Plenty of places to choose from across the UK too

MAGIC!

Amazing! I'm definitely looking in to this next year :thumb:

We charge £5 per night for a single bunny and £6 per night for a bonded pair and for that you get the dry food and greens ample hay, a hutch and play pen and toys, we don't charge for the day they go home and we don't charge extra or double for bank holidays or Christmas. We work 7 days a week, 12 months of the year

We're in the West Mids (www.vipiggies.co.uk) and we charge £3.50 per night for a single bunny and £5 per night for a bonded pair (the pair sharing a cage with a pen attached overnight), and the use of a large run during the daytime. Like Tuckerbunnies, that includes all bedding, ad lib hay, daily veggies, toys, etc, and insurance (no excess) for emergency vet treatment. We don't provide dried food, though, the owner provides that. And we also don't charge any extra for bank hols or Xmas.

Unless your buns live separately, I do think that £14 a day is on the expensive side, but who knows what that boarder's overheads are?

And it really is a 24/7 job...well, not really a job, more a labour of love! :D

Tracey

We're in the West Mids (www.vipiggies.co.uk) and we charge £3.50 per night for a single bunny and £5 per night for a bonded pair (the pair sharing a cage with a pen attached overnight), and the use of a large run during the daytime. Like Tuckerbunnies, that includes all bedding, ad lib hay, daily veggies, toys, etc, and insurance (no excess) for emergency vet treatment. We don't provide dried food, though, the owner provides that. And we also don't charge any extra for bank hols or Xmas.

Unless your buns live separately, I do think that £14 a day is on the expensive side, but who knows what that boarder's overheads are?

And it really is a 24/7 job...well, not really a job, more a labour of love! :D

Tracey

thank you for posting. This would be a lot more affordable.
they live together and the said place is supposed to be a "charity" rather than a money maker.

I love the look of the bunny room, very well decorated! :) Excellent.

thank you for posting. This would be a lot more affordable.
they live together and the said place is supposed to be a "charity" rather than a money maker.

I love the look of the bunny room, very well decorated! :) Excellent.

Hi there, and thanks! That room did used to be a bedroom, but the boarding just grew....and grew....until it has now taken over our spare double bedroom and our dining room :)

We love it though!

PS - I'm pretty sure I know which charity you're referring to, and we've had several new customers come to us this year after baulking at the prices they charge.....although I'm sure the care is excellent and I know the hutches are large. We compensate for our smaller living accommodation by giving the buns exclusive use of large runs in the day time....the cages are really just to sleep in.

After Jake passed away so unexpectedly

I dont want the buns left alone too long especially in this whether and so I cant have family coming around to check up and feed them etc... as they would only be able to come in the morning and the evening which frightens me as buns can go down hill fast....

so I am gladly paying anything to make sure they are kept healthy and happy while were away

its costing £108 for the two buns from wed-monday at the boarding place, for a large hutch and pen combination

Hi there, and thanks! That room did used to be a bedroom, but the boarding just grew....and grew....until it has now taken over our spare double bedroom and our dining room :)

We love it though!

PS - I'm pretty sure I know which charity you're referring to, and we've had several new customers come to us this year after baulking at the prices they charge.....although I'm sure the care is excellent and I know the hutches are large. We compensate for our smaller living accommodation by giving the buns exclusive use of large runs in the day time....the cages are really just to sleep in.

I wasn't much impressed with their CUSTOMER service when they bonded my lads, but I'm sure they look after them.

Are there any local pet sitters you could use? We use a service here and they come to the house for us twice a day to feed, water, clean, fuss, etc. It is cheaper than boarding and less stressful for our bunnies, as they get to stay home. It also means our house is looked for while we're away too! We had a great experience with them and will be doing it again at the end of the month when we go away to a wedding.

Are there any local pet sitters you could use? We use a service here and they come to the house for us twice a day to feed, water, clean, fuss, etc. It is cheaper than boarding and less stressful for our bunnies, as they get to stay home. It also means our house is looked for while we're away too! We had a great experience with them and will be doing it again at the end of the month when we go away to a wedding.

I wouldn't be able to trust anyone.....seen too many episodes of crime watch!

Back