• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Bio lapis - update post 23

Just sprinkle it over some thing he loves to eat. Buster loves Bio-Lapis, he loves metacam too and was more than happy when the vet put him back on it im sure! The vet told me Bio-Lapis tastes like yoghurt, apparantly she's tasted quite a few of the medicines to see how palletable they are :shock::lol:

Same problem here. Biolapsis in the water and he didn't go near it, plain water and he was straight over. Couldn't risk him not drinking. I was told with the vet I need to be firmer with the syringing but if I can get everything else into him with food I personally don't like to force the stress of syringing.
Didn't know you could sprinkle the powder on food, good idea. It smells really sweet and I don't think Jenson likes sweet much. He loves metacloprimide though!!!

I really have to get this into him. His poos are getting, if anything, smalller and darker despite having fewer pellets and hardly any veg. I know he would go for it like a shot on kale or parsley, but he's not supposed to have them. I don't think I could get him to take enough via syringe, so sprikling is the better option.

I'm a bit disillusioned about his diet. I've tried really hard to improve it, but his poos are not as good as those of my friend's rabbit, who is virtually free fed junion Excel and eats loads of carrots and greens, with little or no hay.

I wouldn't go 100% on the comparison of the poos. I have Herbie & Inca, both the same size, both eat the exact same.....Incas' poos are perfect, large, golden colour....Herbies' poos are much smaller and darker. So i think that some bunnies just naturally have darker smaller poos.

I wouldn't go 100% on the comparison of the poos. I have Herbie & Inca, both the same size, both eat the exact same.....Incas' poos are perfect, large, golden colour....Herbies' poos are much smaller and darker. So i think that some bunnies just naturally have darker smaller poos.

Thanks, that has cheered me up a bit. He does seem well in himself, which, to be honest, my friend's rabbit doesn't.

Maybe mix it with a small amount of pineapple juice and give it to him first thing in the morning, then if it's still there after an hour give him the option of plain water?

I wouldn't worry too much about his poos either. When I had mine on ings hay they were eating probably 50% more hay than usual but their poos got smaller and darker. As long as they are crumbly and a consistent size (with a consistent diet) I don't think you need to worry too much.

Back