• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Binky Free Beautiful Inca 3 years since you left :(

I'm so sorry! :cry::cry: I was really hoping she'd make it through! :( It's a sad time for Lagomorphia! :(

I can't tell you it'll get easier...because it won't anytime soon...but you'll be able to function at least. Just try and remember her being well. I have to keep watching video's and looking at pictures of Ted to remember him as he was...not how I found him.

She was a beautiful bun!! :love::love:

I found these two little bits of footage on my phone last night, Chris and I sat watching them over & over, laughing and then crying.

I've no idea what she's doing here. Chris thinks she's saying "move this darn thing out of my way, how dare you position something where I usually sit!" She soon got over it & then loved sitting on her special "binky pad"

...and this makes us smile every time we watch it. She had a thing about the patio door curtains and would dart behind them & then suddenly re-appear, almost as if playing hide and seek with herself. Usually very early in the morning. At one point it looks like the footage has been speeded up but it's just Inca going flat out and having fun!

So glad we have these little snippets of her to share with other people so that they can see how special she was.

I keep going over and over last Wednesday when I said goodbye to our precious Inca. Wondering if I did the right thing, if she could have survived another day and then maybe just maybe got well again, if taking her to a different vet would have made any difference, if there's was something they missed or hadn't considered. None of it will bring her back but I can't stop asking myself the questions. She was in so much pain and she had lost so much weight over the 6 days she was poorly but I don't think I could live with myself if I found out there was something else we could have tried but didn't. Feel so empty without her. Sorry for going on :(

I think that we always have these questions when someone close leaves us. With piggies and buns there are so many unanswered questions because the means of diagnosis are so primitive compared to those used for humans.

I felt haunted when Poppet died in 2008 and I constantly asked myself whether I could have done anything differently to help her through. I have come to the conclusion that this is a natural part of the grieving process. You are replaying your final moments with her to search for a different outcome. However, Inca had such great care from the moment she was taken poorly that it is very difficult to imagine that different care could have saved her. You kept her going for a week when many would have had her put to sleep at the beginning or left her to die. She had every chance but did not rally. In all likelihood the damage she sustained in her previous life caught up with her. Heaven knows the things she lived through in her former home...

Hope you feel better soon xx.

Three weeks today since beautiful Inca went to the bridge. I cried my heart out this morning and I've felt very sad all day. Miss her so much.

Remembering our little Inca today. 2 years since we lost her :cry:

Hope you're happy at the bridge Inca. We miss you lots xxx

3 years since Inca left for Rainbow Bridge

I wasn't able to post over the weekend but I was thinking of our beautiful Inca on Sunday :love:

I really remember your wee Inca, especially as I had a namesake.

She was a cute little fluff monster :)

Back