• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bin-jacking...anyone else do it?

we dont have bins.. its as many black bags out in the street as we want :D

Same down here, and we still have weekly collections!

have had our green recycling box(es) go missing more than once though! Just the other week I went out literally 5 minutes after the recycling collection and our green bin had gone - but when OH came home after work it had reappeared! (Very odd as we live in a terraced street)! :shock::lol:

Our system is daft. They've provided full size wheelie bins for garden waste and recycling. That means each household has to find somewhere to put 3 wheelie bins! Great if you've got a side passage and a big back garden but we'd have to line them up in front of our lounge window... really pretty!

What was wrong with the orange sacks we had goodness knows or they could try putting big bins at the end of the road. The local tip/recycle point won't take half the stuff they'll take from the recycle bin.

It's just daft - they want you to recycle but they make it so hard to actually do it.

im quite lucky here!
i just have to ask the neighbours and they dont mind at all!
never had the problem though.

my mum applied for the bigger bins from the council becuase we had 7 people living at home at one point. now its just the 4 of us!!
so we dont really fill up a 7 person bin now :lol:

Back