• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bin-jacking...anyone else do it?

my neighbours are all around during the day :evil:
I have to pay someone to collect it still :rolleyes:

I still do it if my neighbours aren't at work...I just wait until I hear the bin lorry coming, then rush out and dump the bags in the nearest bin...that way I can claim I didn't have time to check whose bin it was :lol:

I went a bit further, infact I think I have bin-jacked in the truest sense.....
I have gained two extra bins this year :oops::oops::oops:

BUT I just found them lying about, honest, no-one appears to have missed them!

I went a bit further, infact I think I have bin-jacked in the truest sense.....
I have gained two extra bins this year :oops::oops::oops:

BUT I just found them lying about, honest, no-one appears to have missed them!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:no thats an idea!!!!!!:thumb::thumb:

:lol:haha this thread has just entertained me for the past 10 minutes!!:lol::lol:

Too bad i have black sacks to put out or i would have given all of this a go!!:lol::D

we dont have bins.. its as many black bags out in the street as we want :D

Wow, Brum is soooo laid back. We must have the bin lids firmly closed and are not allowed to put out garden waste (so I always hide it in a binbag :p) else they wont empty the bins.

The number of times I used to have to sit on the bin lid before my 'stray' bins came along.

:( its fine till someone jacks your bin..esp when you pay monthly to have it cleaned and its only emptied fortnightly..esp when its food from a party all full of fag ash n maggots.....or stinky napies with runny poo that leaks..cat litter and bag breaks and it all sticks in your bin poo wee and all.......
or dog bags fullof dog poo as theyve been warned and had to clean their garden up.....or you just put the bin out and go and get some more stuff you werent sure would fit and some a holes filled your bin up......

yep had it all and so has my elderly mum..and once i lived somewhere where our bins were put out communally and i paid to have my cleaned and next door used to put her at litter and dirty nappies..unwarapped..and tip her ahstray in mine and everyone elses as she didnt want her bin smelling..had run out of room yet she was the one with a car to get to the tip....

im all for it being organic and none offensive but im the one who thinks its at elast polite to ask..and then bring their bin back...sorry not stuck up just fed up of being on the receiving end of jackers whove put jheior stuff in my bin with the lid raised and inch or so whilst theirs are flat..knowing the council will refuse to empty my bin..again they had 2 cars to get down the tip:censored:

i asked if there was any plans for vegetarian pets waste to be collected with say the garden waste which yiou have to pay a yealry licence for..they did for a while..but not anymore as other pet waste kept being put in it hoping no one would notice:roll:

it makes sense to providea wheelie bin not an open bag to put bunny piggie etc waste in as weve had rats round here in the compost bins animal stuf for not....oh compst it the council said:censored:

im sorry but its fine if you ask your neighbours first and explain the situ..even offer them a look at your babies....

thats what im going to do as ive run out of room and have to leave it in black sacks till bin day eve and stuff and stuff my bin..my mums bin...and anyone i can persuade to lety me pop a bag or two int heirs..

no im not really a self righteous moo even if ive come across as one..just want to say binjackings not always so innocent..and where do you draw the line:(

ill go moan somewhere else now:oops::(

Wow, Brum is soooo laid back. We must have the bin lids firmly closed and are not allowed to put out garden waste (so I always hide it in a binbag :p) else they wont empty the bins.

The number of times I used to have to sit on the bin lid before my 'stray' bins came along.

:shock::shock::shock::shock::shock: now thats scary

its probably more we got too many houses for bins and they cant afford to provide us with the bins were not allowed to fill lololol

:lol: Me and my neighbour have an arrangement :D I fill her bin with bunny poop when ours are full and she uses our glass bin for her empty bottles when hers is full ;) x

:( its fine till someone jacks your bin..esp when you pay monthly to have it cleaned and its only emptied fortnightly..esp when its food from a party all full of fag ash n maggots.....or stinky napies with runny poo that leaks..cat litter and bag breaks and it all sticks in your bin poo wee and all.......
or dog bags fullof dog poo as theyve been warned and had to clean their garden up.....or you just put the bin out and go and get some more stuff you werent sure would fit and some a holes filled your bin up......

yep had it all and so has my elderly mum..and once i lived somewhere where our bins were put out communally and i paid to have my cleaned and next door used to put her at litter and dirty nappies..unwarapped..and tip her ahstray in mine and everyone elses as she didnt want her bin smelling..had run out of room yet she was the one with a car to get to the tip....

im all for it being organic and none offensive but im the one who thinks its at elast polite to ask..and then bring their bin back...sorry not stuck up just fed up of being on the receiving end of jackers whove put jheior stuff in my bin with the lid raised and inch or so whilst theirs are flat..knowing the council will refuse to empty my bin..again they had 2 cars to get down the tip:censored:

i asked if there was any plans for vegetarian pets waste to be collected with say the garden waste which yiou have to pay a yealry licence for..they did for a while..but not anymore as other pet waste kept being put in it hoping no one would notice:roll:

it makes sense to providea wheelie bin not an open bag to put bunny piggie etc waste in as weve had rats round here in the compost bins animal stuf for not....oh compst it the council said:censored:

im sorry but its fine if you ask your neighbours first and explain the situ..even offer them a look at your babies....

thats what im going to do as ive run out of room and have to leave it in black sacks till bin day eve and stuff and stuff my bin..my mums bin...and anyone i can persuade to lety me pop a bag or two int heirs..

no im not really a self righteous moo even if ive come across as one..just want to say binjackings not always so innocent..and where do you draw the line:(

ill go moan somewhere else now:oops::(

I'm totally with you on this one, apart from paying Poll Tax there is no cost for collecting our rubbish here, but I still wouldn't bin jack someone elses bin.

I have read on here and other forums before of boarding business owners binjacking their neighbours bins once they have gone to bed to get rid of their waste and I'm sorry, but I just think that is totally out of order and irresponsible. If you are going to run a business properly then you should make proper arrangements for disposal of the waste. I for one wouldn't leave my buns with a company if I knew they did this, as in my opinion if they cant look after their rubbish properly I wouldn't trust them in looking after my buns properly either.

We'd all moan if we paid for a skip then others in the street dumped their unwanted items in it overnight and there was no room for our things the next day and it's no different IMO.

rant over:D

Last edited:
I agree with you Lynne...it's totally out of order for a money-making business to use somebody else's bin. They should use their profits to pay for a collection service.

I can kind of justify my reasons for doing it...My excess waste is from the foster rabbits. I obviously don't make any money from fostering rabbits, so I can't really afford to pay for collection by a private company.

I know I should ask permission from the owners of the bins, but TBH I can't risk them saying no, because it would mean I couldn't foster as many rabbits.

I do always make sure that any waste is properly bagged up, and isn't wet (it's stored in one of my sheds until bin day).

I think the thing is, as long as it goes in after the bins have been put out on the day of collection then really your only using their unfilled space anyway.

Obviously doing it throughout the week without asking is just out of order.

Between me and my neighbours we have no less than 6 bins :oops::oops: and we have an unspoken agreement about 'bin-sharing' if you fill up someone elses bin then you put it out for the binmen for them.....and can't be offended if one day you find rubbish in yours that dosn't belong to you. To be honest though, with 6 bins, we've never run out of space but 4 used to be a struggle when I had all the rescue buns.

I've done it a coulpe of times but only ever when they are already out for the bin men (or bin lady), it is annoying when people do it before grrrrr I shake my fist at you people who used to live upstairs from me!

Back