• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bill is ready for a wife!

I wasn't really bothered about what she looked like but she really is a beautiful girl :love:
I've never had a doe and I've never had a white rabbit so hopefully she will be a good girl... yeah right :lol:
Apparently she is a very gentle girl :)

I wasn't really bothered about what she looked like but she really is a beautiful girl :love:
I've never had a doe and I've never had a white rabbit so hopefully she will be a good girl... yeah right :lol:

I always find that when Rescue Centres say that, what they really mean (but haven't found out yet) is that 'she has hidden depths' :lol:

I always find that when Rescue Centres say that, what they really mean (but haven't found out yet) is that 'she has hidden depths' :lol:

As long as Bill is happy we are happy :shock:
I'll just keep on repeating that too myself :lol:

Apparently she was kept with quite a few other rabbits in not so great conditions. Girls and boys together! There was a bit of a pregnancy scare but luckily she is ok!

Aww she is beautiful, Bill is going to be a very lucky young man :love:

Oh and as this will be your first doe, best start preparing yourself for being bossed about a lot :lol:

I will :) I already do and I haven't even met her!
I really hope that she will make Billy a happier boy. He is so lovely.
We had Bill from the P@H adoption centre just after Christmas. He'd been taken in with his friend Ben (both unneutered) and that's when we first saw him. The next time we went in they had been separated and the third time Ben was gone. They had rehomed him without Billy even though it said in his notes that they should be rehomed together because they were best friends. I spoke to the staff about it and they all blamed eachother. Billy was obviously depressed and pining for his friend. We talked about him a lot over the next three months and we often went in to visit him for a chat. Every time his ears would pick up and he'd come to the glass and put his paws up to it and then start running around in circles. After 4 months we decided it was worth taking the risk and trying to bond him with our boys. It didn't work but getting him was still one of the best decisons I've ever made. But I often think about Ben and wonder if they miss eachother.
I don't know what sort of life he had before he came to us. He is very skittish. He scares easy and he quite often flinches when we touch him but then once he realises that it's us he squishes himself right down to the floor and will lie there for hours getting stroked. None of my buns like being picked up but Billy really panics and gets himself in a right state. Vet checks are a nightmare for him. I wonder if it's just his personality or whether or not he was around children that were a little bit grabby with him but I suppose I will never know!
Either way he is with us now and I just want to make him the happiest boy that he can be. I can't bring back Ben but I can hopefully find him a lovely new friend :love:

Last edited:
I remember when you got Bill, but I had forgotten all about Ben :( We'll just have to hope that he was adopted into a lovely home and his his own wife now. I'm sure Bill will love having this little white doe.

I will :) I already do and I haven't even met her!
I really hope that she will make Billy a happier boy. He is so lovely.
We had Bill from the P@H adoption centre just after Christmas. He'd been taken in with his friend Ben (both unneutered) and that's when we first saw him. The next time we went in they had been separated and the third time Ben was gone. They had rehomed him without Billy even though it said in his notes that they should be rehomed together because they were best friends. I spoke to the staff about it and they all blamed eachother. Billy was obviously depressed and pining for his friend. We talked about him a lot over the next three months and we often went in to visit him for a chat. Every time his ears would pick up and he'd come to the glass and put his paws up to it and then start running around in circles. After 4 months we decided it was worth taking the risk and trying to bond him with our boys. It didn't work but getting him was still one of the best decisons I've ever made. But I often think about Ben and wonder if they miss eachother.
I don't know what sort of life he had before he came to us. He is very skittish. He scares easy and he quite often flinches when we touch him but then once he realises that it's us he squishes himself right down to the floor and will lie there for hours getting stroked. None of my buns like being picked up but Billy really panics and gets himself in a right state. Vet checks are a nightmare for him. I wonder if it's just his personality or whether or not he was around children that were a little bit grabby with him but I suppose I will never know!
Either way he is with us now and I just want to make him the happiest boy that he can be. I can't bring back Ben but I can hopefully find him a lovely new friend :love:

Awww, the story of how you got him is so sweet . As yet I've not adopted from PAH but I've come very close twice. Years ago there was a beautiful black bun called Lou Lou in a Hull branch. She put her paws on the glass & seemed really excited to see me. I visited within the week & she was still there so I bargained with self that if she was there after 3 weeks I'd take her home. She'd been rehomed :) Not so long ago we found Boo's doppleganger (Ziggy :love:) in our local branch. Not only identical in looks but estimated to be same age & also found "wandering". He went in a week. I hope he got a good home

A lot of them are 'old stock' from the shop floor but you do get a few in that are unwanted. We saw a beautiful boy in there the other day, we sat on the floor and talked to him and he flopped against the glass. I cried all the way home because I couldn't have him, I just didn't think that an unneutered male would be right for us and if it didn't work there is no way on earth that I could have taken him back there.
Like you say, hopefully they all find good homes. When I win the lottery and I'm a millionaire I will take them all!

We can take Bill up to meet her this week!
I've got a few more photos so I'll post them later. Aaaah I hope that they like eachother!

She looks exactly like Boo in that 2nd photo - minus the nose stripe :love: Everything crossed they get on well

She's very nervous and they are hoping that a friend will make her feel more comfortable. I hope so too. I'm so nervous!

Thank you :) I just hope that they like eachother.
I think that Bill and Bianca has a nice ring to it :love:
I've been calling her Bianca all week so I think it's going to stick with her!

Back