• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bill is ready for a wife!

Is there another room away from the pens they could have a run in separately?

I was going to suggest this. If you're not going to attempt bonding in your front room I don't think it would matter if one started to become territorial, but I would be concerned at anything that might set off feelings of aggression/frustration/irritation between them and I would think that if the one still in the pen can see the other running around that might be the case.

If you're still going to try on Monday and if you feel they need somewhere between now and then to run around then I would remove each from the room one by one.

Ok thanks :)
I don't know where I'm going to attempt the bonding yet. We have a free pen but neutral space is pretty much none existent in this house now! Hiro and Sylar live free range upstairs and Bill lives free range downstairs.
This might be a really silly question but would it work if I set up the new pen where the old pen was but gave everything a really good clean and put down a new sheet of lino as flooring, new litter trays etc? Maybe put a sheet around the pen so they can't see where it is?

B&B are still living in side by side pens. We have booked a week off work (starting on the 7th) so we can try again.
We just let them out of their pens to see eachother and they were being nice, Billy was grooming her head and her ears and then when he stopped she just kept putting her head down and nudging him! He snapped and nipped her nose and then there was a chase. She's bossy and he's a vicious beast!

Perhaps when you are home with them for your week off they will just have to work through this and determine who gets their own way. When you can be with them all the time, you will be able to let them go just a little bit further, as long as there is no proper fighting of course.

B&B are still living in side by side pens. We have booked a week off work (starting on the 7th) so we can try again.
We just let them out of their pens to see eachother and they were being nice, Billy was grooming her head and her ears and then when he stopped she just kept putting her head down and nudging him! He snapped and nipped her nose and then there was a chase. She's bossy and he's a vicious beast!

She seems to keep upping the ante. Naughty girl.

I really hope you can sort these two out or they will have to each live in their own naughty corner ...

white female rabbits always seem to have huge personalities.

Happy bonding vibes for your buns next week. C'mon on Bill & Bianca- sort it out!

Bit to wait until you are off work with them - I wondered how your household is right now?
Hope you have peace x

It's a bit manic but we can at least relax a little bit because we know that they can't hurt eachother. They are in side by side pens and we are switching them daily.
Ideally we would do it this week but we couldn't get the time off :(

We have started the bonding again and fingers crossed it is going ok so far!
I'll post some photos in a little while.
Keep your fingers crossed for us please guys!!!

Bea is eating and Billy is chilling with his legs out behind them. Few hair moments but they don't seem too unhappy to be back together!

We wouldn't usually make it this small actually but we're not leaving anything anything to chance! We took them on a really long car ride earlier to the emergency vets to take in Sylars insurance forms. We stopped off at a few shops too and they were cuddling and Bill was grooming her at times.
The pen is actually twice that size now with a nice big litter tray on one side :) So far so good though.
Bianca has been a completely different rabbit without him. She is very confident when she is with him but she is very nervy without him. Whenever we have taken her out of her pen she has wanted to go back, definitely not confident around us without him. Poor girl.

We wouldn't usually make it this small actually but we're not leaving anything anything to chance! We took them on a really long car ride earlier to the emergency vets to take in Sylars insurance forms. We stopped off at a few shops too and they were cuddling and Bill was grooming her at times.
The pen is actually twice that size now with a nice big litter tray on one side :) So far so good though.
Bianca has been a completely different rabbit without him. She is very confident when she is with him but she is very nervy without him. Whenever we have taken her out of her pen she has wanted to go back, definitely not confident around us without him. Poor girl.

She loves her Billy boy :love:

I guess you're more or less devoting the whole week to those two? :)

So far so good. They seem happy to be back together. Bill has seemed very depressed this week and we thought it was because he isn't used to being locked away but now we are wondering if it's because he was missing Bianca! There has been lots of grooming and cuddling and Billy has been doing lots of dead bunny flops. They are eating together too. It's lovely to see them like this again. We are going to take it very slowly this time, we're not going to get carried away with giving them extra space just yet. How long would you leave it before making the area bigget? Xx

So glad things are going well:thumb: usual advice is to wait 48 hrs after any chasing/humping, or last extending space , best to do it very gradually :thumb:

So far so good. They seem happy to be back together. Bill has seemed very depressed this week and we thought it was because he isn't used to being locked away but now we are wondering if it's because he was missing Bianca! There has been lots of grooming and cuddling and Billy has been doing lots of dead bunny flops. They are eating together too. It's lovely to see them like this again. We are going to take it very slowly this time, we're not going to get carried away with giving them extra space just yet. How long would you leave it before making the area bigget? Xx

I tend to leave it two or three days if I'm being cautious. It also means (I have found) that there are less territorial wees!

Don't you sleep Roxy? :lol:

Back