• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bill is ready for a wife!

No blood but fur again. White and black this time.
I think I understand how quickly it can happen a little bit more than him. It's happened a few times with me now and he's usually at work. I think he might get it now though! He's a little upset I think.

No blood but fur again. White and black this time.
I think I understand how quickly it can happen a little bit more than him. It's happened a few times with me now and he's usually at work. I think he might get it now though! He's a little upset I think.

It sounds like an excited scuffle to me - not serious fighting. Is there any way to distract them immediately they come out of their pens? Perhaps some forage or a rattle of a treat jar? Or hold out some fresh forage or herbs and get the first thing they focus on being you and not each other?

Does it happen every single time they come out?

No, they have been fine. After we decided to separate them at night Bianca was a bit humpy for the first few days when we let them out and then it stopped. The last few days they have both come out of their pens and they've gone into their hide together and stayed in there cuddling most of the day. But I was in the room with them.
It only ever happens when we're not in the room and it's so frustrating. I'm considering going back to basics and starting again but I don't know if it will be any help.

No, they have been fine. After we decided to separate them at night Bianca was a bit humpy for the first few days when we let them out and then it stopped. The last few days they have both come out of their pens and they've gone into their hide together and stayed in there cuddling most of the day. But I was in the room with them.
It only ever happens when we're not in the room and it's so frustrating. I'm considering going back to basics and starting again but I don't know if it will be any help.

Well it may or may not help. I suppose it depends on how much faff it would be for you both to do the whole thing again. You must be getting weary with all the stuff that's been happening one way and another?

Do you have to stay in the room with them *all* the time they are out for them to behave, or is it enough if you stay until they have settled down into cuddly mode?

Also, do you (either of you) give off stress signals that you believe that walking out the room will lead to disaster?

There have been plenty of times when we have had to go leave the room. To check on the other creatures, to cook dinner (kitchen is next door though) or to go to the toilet etc but I certainly don't feel comfortable now leaving them alone.
Last Sunday (before we decided to set up the second pen) I went to work for 6 hours and they were fine together. It's certainly not all the time. It's random and usually when we sre starting to trust them again!

She is beautiful. They both are. And they do genuinely seem to like eachother when we are around. They have never tried to fight when we are in the room. The worst we have seen is Bianca trying to face hump Bill but it really is minimal!

pictures upload
Sorry about my carpet! :lol:

That's a beautiful photo :love:

Some people use pet remedy de-stress diffuser. I've never tried it, but I think daphnephoebe may have?

I get the feeling that Bianca is pretty straight forward, but that Bill is still a bit untrusting. He seems to need a confidence boost. Hopefully when Bianca'a hormones settle, a little more peace will reign?

Yes I think you are right. Bianca is very friendly and trusting. She is also very confident too. We were told that she was a nervous bun but she's really not now we've got her home.
I'll look into the de-stress diffuser. Don't suppose it will work on me?! :lol:

Have you thought of lying down on the floor with them, to give them something else to focus on rather than just each other? Rabbits get very curious and they will probably be fascinated with someone else sharing their space! You know, a bit of reverse psychology.

Yes I think you are right. Bianca is very friendly and trusting. She is also very confident too. We were told that she was a nervous bun but she's really not now we've got her home.
I'll look into the de-stress diffuser. Don't suppose it will work on me?! :lol:

:lol:

Well even if it did, that may be a plus for you!

Have you thought of lying down on the floor with them, to give them something else to focus on rather than just each other? Rabbits get very curious and they will probably be fascinated with someone else sharing their space! You know, a bit of reverse psychology.

Yes I have tried that too. They are quite an odd pair.
I'm just winging it at the moment.
Today, instead of just opening up their pens and giving them both access to the whole room I have decided to pop Bea into Bill's pen for half an hour first.
Bea went straight over to Bill and mounted his face, I shouted stop and she did straight away. They are having a cuddle in the corner now and grooming eachother.
Hopefully when I do let them out they will be ok now :)
We shall see!

Yes I have tried that too. They are quite an odd pair.
I'm just winging it at the moment.
Today, instead of just opening up their pens and giving them both access to the whole room I have decided to pop Bea into Bill's pen for half an hour first.
Bea went straight over to Bill and mounted his face, I shouted stop and she did straight away. They are having a cuddle in the corner now and grooming eachother.
Hopefully when I do let them out they will be ok now :)
We shall see!

Poor Bianca - sounds like a bundle of hormones still!

How did Bill react to the humping?

Back