• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bernie, Stanley and Mr Bean - U/D Post 44

Well I will pray for a miracle tonight that the steroid has an effect. It could be a transitory inflammation...let's hope so. She has reached a fine old age and is one gorgeous senior citizen :love:, she has done extremely well.
Lots of vibes for her and you tonight and for all the other poorly buns. Hoping the morning brings a brighter day. I'm sure you have made her comfortable Jane. :)

So Sorry to hear about Bernie, I know how you must feel because one of my rabbits has to same problem as yours and we know what to expect, but good luck in the morning.:wave:

Poor Bernie, I'm so sorry to hear this. Will be thinking of you both this morning.

oh no i'm so sorry to hear about Bernie, i'm hoping she has improved this morning. will be thinking of you both x

How is Bernie this morning?

She has regained some use of her hind legs in that she can just about support her weight on them. She cannot hop but she sort of 'walks' :cry:

She is eating, although not really enough. She doesn't seem depressed as such, just very tired :cry: She is happiest when cuddled up next to Colonel Colin. He senses that there is something very wrong as he's a big anxious boy today :cry:
I cant transport them together as Colin is about 4.5kg and clumsy and Bernie is 1.2kg, very frail and semi-mobile. So if the worst happens this morning I will bring Bernie back home once she is in her 'final sleep' so as Colin can say his goodbyes :cry:

Last night was awful as Stanley had another 'neurological episode'. We *think* he is having mini-bleeds on his brain. I cannot afford a refereal for more detailed diagnostics and even if I could I am not sure that I would put Stan through them. He is about 8 now and does not cope at all well with stress. For now he appears to have responded to a shot of steroid (and abx cover) in that he is more co-ordinated and is eating a little again. He is VERY photosensitive though and wants to be in a dark area of his enclosure. Its as though he has a bad headache :cry:

I know noBun can live forever but no matter how many Buns I have loved and lost it never gets any easier

:cry:

I've only just seen this Jane.

I'm so sorry that Bernie and Stanley are not doing so well.

Will be thinking of you and your poorly buns today xx

Back