• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bernie Has Been Admitted- U/D She's Home-Pic Post 42

Loads of vibes for Bernie, and I echo what others have said on here - I'm puzzled as to why you could be criticised for 'pushing things too far' when you're following the advice of your very bunny savvy vet :?

Hope Bernie will be ok, and hugs to you Jane. xx

C has just called
Bernie is waking up from the GA. She had dreadful spurs which had bruised all her cheeks and she had bitten her tongue :cry:

She is having her acupuncture treatment and I can collect her later this afternoon. She will be very flat still but C feels she will recover better at home and I can continue with her fluids etc.

Thank you for all the vibes :)

I hope Bernie keeps getting better :)

Even though I haven't been a bunny owner for long, I believe that you know your bunnies better than anyone and I don't see how anyone else could possibly tell you otherwise, with the possible exception of your vet.

I'm sorry you had some negative comments, no one needs that when they are in such difficult situations

Keep up the good work.. I know how Bernie feels... I think I slept biting my tongue the other night and it has been sore and a bit swollen since... lol! It hurts :(

More vibes for Bernie (and some for you too Jane!!)

xx

Jane, just ignore all those people telling you, you are pushing things too far. For starters our vet would NEVER let that happen, she is one in a million i think we all know that and secondly i don't believe you would do that either.
I have to say i am not surprised though as i had a couple of people telling me the kindest thing i could do for Lionel was PTS but you should see him now he is getting better and putting on weight flying around his room, i can't even imagine if i had him PTS sometimes people should just keep their opinions to themselves :evil:
(sorry i don't usually rant like this but it has really upset me)

Anyhow glad she is ok, give her a noserub from me xx

Jane, just ignore all those people telling you, you are pushing things too far. For starters our vet would NEVER let that happen, she is one in a million i think we all know that and secondly i don't believe you would do that either.
I have to say i am not surprised though as i had a couple of people telling me the kindest thing i could do for Lionel was PTS but you should see him now he is getting better and putting on weight flying around his room, i can't even imagine if i had him PTS sometimes people should just keep their opinions to themselves :evil:
(sorry i don't usually rant like this but it has really upset me)

Anyhow glad she is ok, give her a noserub from me xx

I totally agree with this. No one knows an animal like their owners do. I was advised (by a useless vet :roll:) to let Flynn go when he got paralysed. But my own vet, who knows me, and my abilities, told me to fight. And he can now walk again, with a wobble, but he can walk.
People need to remember all situations are different, and it is up to the vet and owners to decide if an animal can keep going or not. It depends on the persons ability to nurse and the animals will to live. No one can know that unless they are in the situation, and all situations are different.

Im glad that Bernie is ok Jane :).

Bernie is home and all things considered she is quite bright :)
I have just given her some more SQ Hartmans and she has also had a 10ml syringe feed plus some greens which she happily ate for herself :love:

She's still very wobbly so she is staying in her carrier on a heatpad for now. Colonel Colin is desperate to be with her so I let him say a quick 'Hello'.
I am hoping that in a few more hours Bernie will be able to go back with him for a while. Not sure if I will leave her in a carrier overnight yet. It depends on how she gets on throughout this evening

xx

Great news. You knew in your heart and your head what you were doing, she is lucky to have you as her bunny mummy.

Back