• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bellas spay - U/D home..poo pictures

How soon after eating should a rabbit poo?
I've watched Bella eat some hay, a bite of basil and some nibbles of fibafirst & nothings come out as of yet - does a GA slow their gut mobility slightly or something?! Or should I be worried? She definitely has an appetite :?

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

How soon after eating should a rabbit poo?
I've watched Bella eat some hay, a bite of basil and some nibbles of fibafirst & nothings come out as of yet - does a GA slow their gut mobility slightly or something?! Or should I be worried? She definitely has an appetite :?

Dave can go for hours after eating without any output. I would imagine the GA and drugs do slow things down. If she's got a good appetite then don't worry too much at this stage. Hopefully she will do a nice pile of droppings for you within the next few hours!

Dave can go for hours after eating without any output. I would imagine the GA and drugs do slow things down. If she's got a good appetite then don't worry too much at this stage. Hopefully she will do a nice pile of droppings for you within the next few hours!

Thanks, just gone out and there's a poo explosion
366ae47d25cb8f7833d18b932b657a1f.jpg

Bit small but fine by me!

Then I found these...are they uneaten cecals (sp?) or are they just mishapen where she's had a GA?
27b5efc941af5a0e93c5da45f9ee4966.jpg

9c35e8aa372bc155d17c4b5f943ba7b4.jpg

Sorry for the photos lol, I think Binkys were quite clumpy at first but I just want to be sure

They don't really look like cecal. Did they smell awful? They look to be normal poop with a bit of cecal mixed in. I wouldn't worry.

Then they weren't cecal. If Doughnut has done any and I walk into the room I can smell it, they stink!

Then they weren't cecal. If Doughnut has done any and I walk into the room I can smell it, they stink!

I'm glad they're just deformed due to GA, I had to double check though to be on the safe side :lol:

They look like poops from the ga. The ones from straight after the op were great but were possibly already formed ones? Im not an expert just a theory ;) She seems to be doing well overall. Hope she's well this evening?

I can remember the stress of when my girls were done, you feel bad for them don't you?

They look like poops from the ga. The ones from straight after the op were great but were possibly already formed ones? Im not an expert just a theory ;) She seems to be doing well overall. Hope she's well this evening?

I can remember the stress of when my girls were done, you feel bad for them don't you?

I thought the same that they'd already formed..but after those misformed poo's earlier she's done loads more normal ones!

At about 1pm today (so just about 24hours after she had the GA) she decided she wanted to eat her pellets, which is great as now I can shake the pellet pot and she will stand at the door so I can check her wound!

I do feel really guilty yes! :lol: like I handed over £88 for her to be in pain, but they do cope so much better than humans - my dad actually commented on how quickly Binky recovered, let's hope Bella continues to do the same!

Brilliant :) well done miss Bella. It sounds like you have a food driven bunny? My girls are like that :roll: even claw cutting is easy peasy, a few treats or crunchies in front of them & I just lift each foot & trim!

Brilliant :) well done miss Bella. It sounds like you have a food driven bunny? My girls are like that :roll: even claw cutting is easy peasy, a few treats or crunchies in front of them & I just lift each foot & trim!
oh yes definetly! I love it because she will give cuddles aslong as shes got food lol!
I was surprised binky ate at the vets because shes less food orientated, Bella will tend to eat everything and anything so I was surprised that binky ate loads and Bella nothing - once she was back with familar people in her usual environment she was eating away, but I was surprised!

Just shut her shed up so she can't get cold or wet over night if it rains (if the rain blows inwards she will just sit in it lol) I hate it because it means I cant see her from the window [emoji38]

How's Bella getting on now?

Food driven buns definitely make things easier [emoji38]

She's doing good thanks! She's back to her normal diet, her poo's and large and golden again & she's loving her metacam!...now we just wait till we can attempt bonding

Back