• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Behavior change

KCG

Warren Veteran
Hello to everyone,
I have a serious problem with Cookie, too many behavior changes. He is normally very calm, good-natured and polite. And he had excellent toilet behavior.

But now these have changed. He is very energetic, constantly misbehaving (no destructive behavior) and his toilet behavior has changed for the worse. He's pooping and peeing everywhere. He even pees inside the pet park(Cookie sleeps inside the pet park at night). He also started sleeping in the toilet tray at night, which he normally would never do.
What is going on with him, what should I do, please help :(

Has something in Cookie's environment changed? Could it be the colder weather? With regards to sleeping in his litter tray, this is fairly normal and doesn't present any problems. It is sometimes very difficult to work out why Rabbits suddenly change their habits. It sounds rather like territory marking so maybe restrict his space for a while to help him get back to normal good behaviour.

Has something in Cookie's environment changed? Could it be the colder weather? With regards to sleeping in his litter tray, this is fairly normal and doesn't present any problems. It is sometimes very difficult to work out why Rabbits suddenly change their habits. It sounds rather like territory marking so maybe restrict his space for a while to help him get back to normal good behaviour.

Oh yes we had a 4 country changeover vacation and Cookie was with us. There was a constant change of home and city and car travel. Probably that's why but he was on vacation and he was fine when he first came home, he's been like this for a week (It's been 3 weeks since vacation)

You wrote he is not destructive, so how is he misbehaving, other than toilet behavior?
Has he been vet checked to make sure there is no physical reasons for poor toilet use?
Did anyone stay in your home while you were away?

You wrote he is not destructive, so how is he misbehaving, other than toilet behavior?
Has he been vet checked to make sure there is no physical reasons for poor toilet use?
Did anyone stay in your home while you were away?

Too energetic and jumps all over the place :lol:
His health seems pretty good and the house was empty. But the trip seems to have shaken it up a bit but I think I manage to fix it, there is a 90 percent improvement since yesterday. His pee is totally marking pee but he seems to be okay too. I hope :D

Back