• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Beds and playthings

boyce buttons

Young Bun
Hey
Just a quick question, as it coming up to winter and getting brrrrrr chilly, what should I use to keep my buns warm. They live in the shed, with an attached external run. Inside the shed its a concrete base but there is layers of paper then lino, then straw, it still feels cold to touch though and im worried they will get cold :(

I would put a nice bed in or fleece blankets but A) they chew fleece and B) one of them we can't no matter how hard we try refuses to be litter trained, so she wee's everywhere and on anything!

On a different note, any suggestions on good toys? They have a rabbit tunnel in the run, and cardboard boxes i put in are usually destroyed within a day or two? Im worried they are bored!!:D

Last edited:
aaaah bless you got chewers & a wee'er!:roll::lol::love:

You could try putting some snugglesafes down...they do have fleece covers though? But you could hide it under the straw & they stay warm for hours & hourse - so they can lay on it if they choose.....

You could also try some tunnels out of seagrass? I have just bought some & they arent chewed that much...BUT yours may do & it will last longer than most grassy type tunnels perhaps,:D
:wave:

I know :lol: and shes a rescue bun so really timid, which is such a shame because the other one is sooooo good and goes to the toilet where he's meant to, but he is the chewer - ive got one of each, but i love them both!! :love:

I just know if I put something bed like in there it will get wet, although they never seemed to go to the toilet in the box, so maybe if i put a fleece in the box they may sit in there? Although Boyce (the chewer) tends to sit on top of the box till it collapses :roll:

Mine chews everything including his hutch. But he has a fleece blanket for his bed and he doesn't chew that. Its quite big and he shapes it into a nest and snuggles in it. Its machine washable, but I haven't had to wash it yet.

:D

Mine chews everything including his hutch. But he has a fleece blanket for his bed and he doesn't chew that. Its quite big and he shapes it into a nest and snuggles in it. Its machine washable, but I haven't had to wash it yet.

:D

Yep, my boys will chew anything wooden, but never touch their fleeces (although one will get so comfy thet he won't move off it to go to the litter tray sometimes :roll:), but I have plenty of pieces of fleece in, and the wash anddry in no time :)

Twinkle will wee and poo on anything soft.. so I cant have fleeces or vet bed or towels ... I have now decided to have hay all over the floor with newspaper and lino underneath. At least that way if she wees everywhere it will soak through to the newspaper and the hay will keep her feet dry... I hope the layer of hay will be warmer in the winter too.

Yes Boyce will wee on anythig soft, took 2 trips to the laundrette with our duvet before we figured that one out:lol:

Think I might experiment with the fleeces, although the one in there vet carrier tends to get chewed on the way to the vets. If not at least the lino and hay should keep them warm :)

Yes Boyce will wee on anythig soft, took 2 trips to the laundrette with our duvet before we figured that one out:lol:

Think I might experiment with the fleeces, although the one in there vet carrier tends to get chewed on the way to the vets. If not at least the lino and hay should keep them warm :)

Just an idea, but how about a new one for their bed? May be the one that you use for the vet trips is associated with journeys in their travel basket and therefore gets chewed. Perhaps if you put one in their bedroom they will catch on that its for snuggling. Just an idea. ;)

Back