• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Becoming a breeder ?..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok well you know the feeling here on breeding is quite a sensitive subject.
I for one would never risk my girls life by breeding from her, i would be worried about homing any potential babies, i would want to know if they have been vaccinated, neutered and were being looked after, that would be an impossible task to carry out.
so i wouldn't ever breed my buns not ever, i have seen countless buns looking for a home, how would i know if i bred that the owner would just dump the bun once they get fed up of the cost and care? x

that was the kind of answer i was looking for thank you.
i wasnet thinking of becoming a breeder and yes i worded the thread wrong and that is my bad.
i was just basically wondering why people did it if they wouldnt recommend it kinda thing x

i wasnet thinking of becoming a breeder and yes i worded the thread wrong and that is my bad.
i was just basically wondering why people did it if they wouldnt recommend it kinda thing x

That is just my view, i am not having a pop at you believe you me, i just couldnt or wouldnt risk breeding my girl. x

This is a perfect example of "They come, they fight, they destroy, they corrupt, it always ends the same" :lol: :lol:

I guess the danger is that if those people that did it came on and said how much they enjoy it and that they do recommend it, then how might that be perceived by someone who was just curious. Would it be enough to tempt someone to do it? Make it seem appealing?

There is so much charitable work that goes on to try to break the endless cycle of rabbits ending up as strays/in rescues for months and years, that it really has to start at the breeder level. I think many (though not all) of us on here see it that way too, and thats how this forum has generally come to be anti-breeding in an unofficial way.

Most people here care very deeply about the welfare of animals, so thats why maybe we all get a bit shirty or whatever. Its not meant to be mean but because we've seen so many horrible things on this forum, and the overwhelming numbers of rabbits in need, as well as some horrific situations.

Hope that helps to explain a little. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back