• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Becoming a breeder ?..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey
Are you sure you want to be breeding ?
Your going to add more rabbits in to the world on top of the 35 000 rabbits needing re homing :roll:

I think you are spot on.
Why would you risk any bun's life by breeding her/him
Arent there enough poor buns without a loving home already?
I think sally is right this is a wind up. x

Agreed. The OP has only been a member on RU for a couple of weeks, but that's long enough to know that this is an anti breeding site, so I don't understand why this thread was started.....

Its not a wind up !
just beacuse ive asked a question about breeding it obviously a wind up :roll: x

It's because you've been a member for a few weeks and this forum (most of us) are against breeding. Threads like these have already been posted. :wave:

I dont want to breed i was just asking what people thought about it :) x

There's probably loads of threads about it on here, if you want to do a search.

Its a topic that comes up from time to time and the same arguments and debates are had each time, and as people often feel strongly one way or the other, it often results in upset (and closed threads).

yes ive only been a member a couple of weeks because i only got my buns a couple of weeks ago i thought i would join as it seemed friendly and if i needed advice or a chat then this would be the place to come but obviously not.
i didnt no how uptight people were about breeding i dont spend every waking minute on here !! i was just asking a question out or curiousity christ ! x

The OP asked what people felt the good points of breeding where, NOT what everyone's opinions on the ethics of breeding are. There are some responsible breeders on this site who are accepted and could give their perspective. It doesn't need to decend in to an arguement.

That said however, I would say to the OP you might be more likely to get posts that actually answer the question if you post on the golden bunnies forum.

yes ive only been a member a couple of weeks because i only got my buns a couple of weeks ago i thought i would join as it seemed friendly and if i needed advice or a chat then this would be the place to come but obviously not.
i didnt no how uptight people were about breeding i dont spend every waking minute on here !! i was just asking a question out or curiousity christ ! x

Yeah it is one of those delicate and sensitive topics, I'm afraid.

thank you for the nice posts and people that actuali took it how it was ment as a question out of curiosity x

Agreed. The OP has only been a member on RU for a couple of weeks, but that's long enough to know that this is an anti breeding site, so I don't understand why this thread was started.....

It was started to provoke a reaction. xx

thank you for the nice posts and people that actuali took it how it was ment as a question out of curiosity x

Peaches, you must know that breeding is wrong?
I knew someone who did just that and lost her rabbit and the kits, why she did it? i dont know, there are hundreds of buns looking for a loving home, why would anyone want to breed when there are buns needing rehoming?
It just does not make sense, i neutered both mine, it cost me a few hundred pounds, do you think i would have paid that if i thought breeding my boy and girl was the right thing to do?

I think maybe to intention was not to troll, but the first post was not well worded, to be honest. We've all stuffed up with wording here and there, before.

Wow. De-ja-vu. :shock:
Most people on here have the same opinion on breeding--its a major no-no. Its quite a sensitive subject as there are so many people on here who volounteer in rescues and see what goes on 'behind the scenes'.
Its good your not thinking about breeding...but the thread did come across that way at the beginning. :) x

if you read any of my posts on here u will see that i havent said i am for or against breeding. x

Ok well you know the feeling here on breeding is quite a sensitive subject.
I for one would never risk my girls life by breeding from her, i would be worried about homing any potential babies, i would want to know if they have been vaccinated, neutered and were being looked after, that would be an impossible task to carry out.
so i wouldn't ever breed my buns not ever, i have seen countless buns looking for a home, how would i know if i bred that the owner would just dump the bun once they get fed up of the cost and care? x

they breed for colour and improving. they enjoy the fact that they know they have lovley happy healthy buns and that they are all loved, but they dont enjoy the some loss that can come from certain situations x

See that's the bit I don't get - they breed for colours or to improve the breed with the help of other likeminded 'experienced' breeders so I get the 'social' part but what is so pleasurable when you know your adding to a massive problem of overflowing animals? It's much more rewarding to have pets paired up happy and well looked after than a load of single miserable rabbits that are essentially just used for a persons entertainment or pleasure - you may not have asked for the 'ethical' perspective but I dont see how that can be ignored in today's current climate unless of course the person is completely stupid or selfish or greedy and this applies to all species in my view, I don't like the term hobby applied to animals as if they are an inanimate object or project that can be picked up and put down to suit a persons spare time animals/pets should be part of your life/family and much more important than a hobby.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back