• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Barney is home and doing well U/D 26th May

Sorry for the slow reply. Barney is good, he has been eating more veg and getting out of the sulk he was in after i minimalised his pellets! he is mainly having cauliflower and apple but has had some brocolli and carrot too :D going to order some oxbow food and a hay experts selection for him today to see if i can tempt him.

Barney has snapped his front top teeth off! happened sometime yesterday :shock:i check him out when seemed to be struggling with some carrot! snapped right off up level with the gum! he has fodd processed veggies since i realised! cauliflower and brocolli yest and carrot and apple today. seems to be eating well but doesnt seem to have as much energy i think i will have to give him a whole egg cup full of pellets tonight!

could be. i am hoping that its only because of his bone condition, FHB said that although his bones were more dense, this means they are more brittle.

yeah i think i might do today... i realised on Saturday that his teeth were a bit long so i was going to call and ask if she could trim them when i go back at the weekend, then i looked yesterday and this had happened! bottom ones still need trimming though.

on the plus side he wound is healing and doesnt seem to be any signs of any infection in his eye now - normal shape and size and normal temperature :)

just phoned up to ask, she is not in til wednesday but SOME OF THE LADIES THAT ANSWER THE PHONES ARE A BIT RUDE. :? and unhelpful.

thanks :D . He is eating well despite the lack of teeth so i am positive.

I found out he likes tea though! i know they are not supossed to have it but i thought he was only going to sniff it then he started lapping! It was weak though and I think its only the caffeine thats bad.

barney likes parsley! He has lost a bit of weight :))) but i think this is because i haev cut back on pellets, will ask abotu this when i go back sunday. he is wanting to eat lots though which pleases me. he found the cupboard where i keep the food though! i lost him and thats where i found him ... hoovering up all the pellets i had spilt the other day!

he found the cupboard where i keep the food though! i lost him and thats where i found him ... hoovering up all the pellets i had spilt the other day!

cheeky boy:lol:my husband once came out of the kitchen saying there was a funny noise in there.it took us a while to figure it out but we opened the kitchen cupboard door to find Bob sat in there munching on a bag of pasta shells!!! The thing is he must have snuck in there when I went in to get a bottle of lemonade out about an hour before!!!:shock: I only hope he's binkying free with his bag of pasta shells at the bridge bless his little heart.;)

aw..

i dont believe i have seen a pic of nobby's tummy yet btw... have i missed it somewhere...

Ahh no well I was able to upload pics from laptop to photo bucket but have no idea how to upload straight from iPhone to photo bucket or even iPhone- laptop-photobucket:oops: bit useless me:lol:

:( hy OH has loads of fab pics of the buns on his i phone but wont upload them, not cant he is too busy ! i need an i phone of my own.

Barney is going back to see FHB on Sunday so she can check out his teeth.

Also found out he likes his new oxbow food :D

Back