• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Barney is home and doing well U/D 26th May

thanks guys. yeah good news about abscess. she said she has left a hole under his eye to drain the pus from. she said the bone thing could be down to him havnig too much vitmain D when he was younger! i am hoping that this isnt anythign I have done, but at the same time i am hoping it is this rather than kidney disease.

I read through the thread today, just adding my vibes for Barney, hope its all round good news by the time you pick him up xx

I read through the thread today, just adding my vibes for Barney, hope its all round good news by the time you pick him up xx

thanks debster. he is just like your timmy but only the toes of his feet are white, so not quite perfect dutch markings.

Well great to hear it's not a tumour,fingers crossed that there's no kidney disease.sending lots of good vibes to you from us.:love:

thanks guys. i phoned up yest to see how he was and he was doing well, he had eaten a whole bowl of excel :) i am phoning up again today at 10 to see if its ok to collect him. hutch is all cleaned out ready for him.

hi a quick update, Barney is home and doing really well. he DOESN'T have kidney disease (yay) but has to be on a special diet because of his bone problem. i will post a pic tonight and give a full update in a new thread.

Yahoo:DFor him not having kidney disease,so glad he's doing well!sorry about the bone problems-what does that mean for him in terms of problems, treatment etc?

thanks debster. he is just like your timmy but only the toes of his feet are white, so not quite perfect dutch markings.

Wow, must be one helluva good looking bun then!;):D

Such good news about Barney, will look forward to hearing more positive updates!x

Yahoo:DFor him not having kidney disease,so glad he's doing well!sorry about the bone problems-what does that mean for him in terms of problems, treatment etc?

he has awful teeth, but this is most likely as a result of the bone problem, or worsened by. she isnt sure what other problems he might have as its so rare. She thinks that his bones must be causing him pain, however, there is no evidence of this as yet although as he has had a bad eye is hard to tell. the excess calcification in his bones might disperse and end up in his kidneys or elsewhere, but there is no evidence of this as yet from the xrays.

Wow, must be one helluva good looking bun then!;):D

Such good news about Barney, will look forward to hearing more positive updates!x

hehe :D well he was until he eye swelled up and now he has a half sahved face with blue staining and stiches! otherwise very sexy.

thanks guys. yeah good news about abscess. she said she has left a hole under his eye to drain the pus from. she said the bone thing could be down to him havnig too much vitmain D when he was younger! i am hoping that this isnt anythign I have done, but at the same time i am hoping it is this rather than kidney disease.

i was worried that it was due to the pro and pre biotic mix i have been giving him, but ive checked and its only got vitamin C in, so not me.

This is what Barney looks like now!

camera002.jpg

he looks really sorry for himself in the pic but actually he seems quite happy.

Awwe bless him,he's still very handsome though.Nobby still has a bald blue tummy too.it's very cute-I have had to kiss it it's so cute:shock:

Back