• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bailey's not well - last update 329 :'(

So pleased to hear he is brighter. Is it possible for you to see just the one Vet as it seems that there is a vast difference of opinions re treatment. That must add to your stress

Lots more vibes being sent xx

Thank you Jane. I keep trying to see the one vet, or at least one of 2, but I keep getting a different one. Last time when Bailey was admitted he had a different vet at the weekend who just sent him home. I will need to discuss it with them when I take him in again as it just isn't working the way it is just now.

We have the vet in the morning, and I'm really worried about it. I can't keep Bailey's gut going normally, even with Tramadol, metacam, cisapride, Zantac and salazopyrin. He was doing so well, and has now gone back to hardly pooping or weeing, and his drinking is dropping off and eating is slowing down.

He has had x-rays, scans, blood tests and poop tests and nothing concrete showed up.

:cry:.. poor wee man..... come on my wee furry lad... get well soon.

Weeding, you have been a wee trooper here.... good luck.. xXxXxx

Oh no!! It's so awful not knowing. Is there anything left in his diet you can try to eliminate?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the messages. I'm getting in a state and there is no support here. Even my lift has abandoned me :(, so I have a £60 taxi fare to pay.

I will ask the vet about the domperidone Jane and have a note of it because I will forget everything when I get in there.

I can't think of what to eliminate from his diet SJH. The problem is, he is struggling to maintain his weight. If he isn't bloated he is really skinny.

The pattern just now seems to be that he picks up during the night (because of the Tramadol?) and by morning is starting to get worse, which continues to worsen during the day (metacam only in the morning). Although he isn't great overnight, at least there is some movement of poops and he eats better. During the day there are hardly any poops.

I think today may need to be his last visit there, because the insurance is almost at the limit and if I have to pay for a taxi there and back, that's less money I have for his treatment.

Thankfully it was the vet who admitted Bailey who we saw today. Bailey is worse than I thought :(. He's quite dehydrated and bloated (although I knew he was bloated i didn't realise how bad).

He has been admitted again, for fluids and stronger pain relief, then when he is responding better they are going to try the domperidone and as a last attempt, possibly steroids. He seems to improve whilst on fluids, and deteriorate when he is off them.

Because there was no other exotics patients, we had an hour discussing our thoughts and what could be the problem but didn't come up with anything.

Bailey has lost a little weight, but the vet thinks he has lost more and it is the bloating that is keeping his weight up. He feels really bony :(.

Any spare vibes would be appreciated for my poor boy.

Thankfully it was the vet who admitted Bailey who we saw today. Bailey is worse than I thought :(. He's quite dehydrated and bloated (although I knew he was bloated i didn't realise how bad).

He has been admitted again, for fluids and stronger pain relief, then when he is responding better they are going to try the domperidone and as a last attempt, possibly steroids. He seems to improve whilst on fluids, and deteriorate when he is off them.

Because there was no other exotics patients, we had an hour discussing our thoughts and what could be the problem but didn't come up with anything.

Bailey has lost a little weight, but the vet thinks he has lost more and it is the bloating that is keeping his weight up. He feels really bony :(.

Any spare vibes would be appreciated for my poor boy.

Poor Bailey :cry: I do hope that he can pull through this latest set back xx

Poor Bailey :( ramping up more healing vibes for him, bless him. Thinking of you both. ((((Hugs)))) xxxx

He vet has just phoned. Bailey is comfortable, but he doesn't seem to be responding as well as usual :(. He is eating a little and passing some poops as he was at home, but he is still very bloated. He had some of the domperidone this morning.

Jenna the vet had a discussion with Kevin another vet, and they think the only think left for Bailey is to try steroids, so he will get his first dose about 9. if this doesn't work then it seems there is nothing left for him :(.

They think that there is a problem in his gut that has caused lesions and it is the lesions that are causing the problem, but they can't say for sure without operating and I don't have the money for it. Nor do I think Bailey should be put through it when it won't provide a cure.

I am very worried about my boy :(

He vet has just phoned. Bailey is comfortable, but he doesn't seem to be responding as well as usual :(. He is eating a little and passing some poops as he was at home, but he is still very bloated. He had some of the domperidone this morning.

Jenna the vet had a discussion with Kevin another vet, and they think the only think left for Bailey is to try steroids, so he will get his first dose about 9. if this doesn't work then it seems there is nothing left for him :(.

They think that there is a problem in his gut that has caused lesions and it is the lesions that are causing the problem, but they can't say for sure without operating and I don't have the money for it. Nor do I think Bailey should be put through it when it won't provide a cure.

I am very worried about my boy :(

I am sorry :cry: I would not want surgical intervention either. I really hope that the steroid can buy him more time xx

Back