• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Back from the vets - Its not good:(

Well I've just picked up the medicine and its the human nasal drop version but I have been told to use it as an eye drop. Am going to wait for o/h to get home before I give her the first drop just in case I need help.

While I was there I asked if they would be happy to fax blood/urine test results to another vet if I decided to see a more bunny savvy one. They are more than happy to do so which is great. They are lovely vets they've just never seen this before.

any news this evening with the eye drop treatment?

Well she's had her first dose. Very tricky to do because its not a squeezy bottle and hard to get a drop to come out. Not easy to do when you are not trying to get a drop into a buns eye so almost impossible when you have a frightened bun in your arms who's husbun is waiting and watching anxiously.

The vet said to try 1 drop 2 times a day and if this has no effect try 2 drops 2 times a day. She also said I could keep increasing the dose if it had no effect she said 'you could go up to 101 drops if that helps' !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Very worried about that now after what you said poppymoon about it being easy to od.

I had to give her another bottom wash again today as she was so so wet. I have just been using luke warm water to rinse it off and make her less smelly and more comfortable. Is there any sort of bun shampoo I could use? She is quite urine stained.:(

Also do you think other buns know when a bun is sick? Peter has hardly left her side over the last few days. He goes with her to the water bowl and grooms her while she drinks even when she's there for 5 mins at a time.

Today she drank a litre bowl in 4 hours and flooded her litter tray in 7 hours.:cry:

Sorry this has turned into such a long post but you are all really helping.

Well she's had her first dose. Very tricky to do because its not a squeezy bottle and hard to get a drop to come out. Not easy to do when you are not trying to get a drop into a buns eye so almost impossible when you have a frightened bun in your arms who's husbun is waiting and watching anxiously.

The vet said to try 1 drop 2 times a day and if this has no effect try 2 drops 2 times a day. She also said I could keep increasing the dose if it had no effect she said 'you could go up to 101 drops if that helps' !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Very worried about that now after what you said poppymoon about it being easy to od.

I had to give her another bottom wash again today as she was so so wet. I have just been using luke warm water to rinse it off and make her less smelly and more comfortable. Is there any sort of bun shampoo I could use? She is quite urine stained.:(

Also do you think other buns know when a bun is sick? Peter has hardly left her side over the last few days. He goes with her to the water bowl and grooms her while she drinks even when she's there for 5 mins at a time.

Today she drank a litre bowl in 4 hours and flooded her litter tray in 7 hours.:cry:

Sorry this has turned into such a long post but you are all really helping.

i didn't mean to alarm you - sorry! it will just be trial and error to find the right dosage to suit her. by od i didn't mean in a deadly way, just in a way that could make her retain too much water, hence lowering the salt level in the body. you would notice easily tho because from going from huge amounts of wee to barely any its pretty obvious. its good that your vets will check her blood.

out of interest tho, what concentrate is the drop?

i'm sorry i can't help with the shampoo suggestion or any other eye drop method as i've (fortunately) not experienced those things with eric. i'm sure some good suggestions will come along soon:D

i didn't mean to alarm you - sorry! it will just be trial and error to find the right dosage to suit her. by od i didn't mean in a deadly way, just in a way that could make her retain too much water, hence lowering the salt level in the body. you would notice easily tho because from going from huge amounts of wee to barely any its pretty obvious. its good that your vets will check her blood.

out of interest tho, what concentrate is the drop?

i'm sorry i can't help with the shampoo suggestion or any other eye drop method as i've (fortunately) not experienced those things with eric. i'm sure some good suggestions will come along soon:D

The concentration is 100mg in 1ml.

Just caught up with this. I'm glad I've come in at a more positive stage. :) Sending vibes that the new medication works.

You could try rubbing baby powder or cornflour into her when she's dry just to freshen up the smell a bit. :) You can get dry small animal shampoos from petshops too, but I wouldn't want to risk upsetting the skin as I'm sure it'll be more sensitive from the urine.

ok. i'll search thro some of my info in the morning (only human stuff but its better than nothing! di is quite an unusual 'illness':(). i'll let you know if i find anything of worth out. x

Thank you. I really appreciate all the help you've given me with this. This mornings eye drop went a little smoother. Just keeping everything crossed that it works.

Back