• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

back from her spay...help after check up :)

I'm no expert by any stretch of the imagination so if you're at all concerned then give your vet a ring for advice and/or reassurance.

Pooing and eating are both good signs and her appetite will hopefully return as she recovers. Roxy was the same, she only nibbled when tormented for the first day.

It's so stressful isn't it? Hugs x

She's started eating :) not much it has to be said but she did it with a 'oh I'll eat this apple if you just leave me alone after' face!

This is what my two were like after their spay :) kept pushing different bits of food under their nose every couple of hours untill finally they relented 'oh for gods sake ill eat this little bit now let me sleep!'

Sounds like she's doing okay. They tend to just want to sleep for the first day. Just keep tempting her with her faves an gradually her appetite should come back.

Hooes she's feeling better

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

I've currently got some carrot and apple boiling in the hope of making a mush for Pop's (ovs not till its cold!). I've given myself a time frame till 2 o clock and then if shes no better I'm going to be ringing the vets again!

Sending more vibes for Poppy.

Come on Poppy, you need to eat as you are making mummy anxious!

Has she got painkillers? If not I think it's well worth asking your vet for some Metacam. Rabbits don't eat if they're in too much pain x

She ate about half a spoonful of stewed apple and that seemed to get her appetite up, she then had 3 stems of herbs and some of an alfa a bale. I've been to the shops and bought her some dried herbs and bits and she just had a nice fill of those :) she now looks like shes very sleepy after the most food shes had in 24hours!

I didn't get given any pain relief for her I'm debating ringing up and asking if I can have some for her. she looks like shes starting to really pick up and shes eating and drinking way more but I don't want her to go backwards if her pain starts to get bad?!?!?!?!

Definitiely best to have some metacam available tonight, even if she doesn't need it.

Keeping up vibes for little Poppy. xx

shes had some more pain relief, she was such a good girl sad on my knee and licked it from the little tube thingy....I was expecting it to go everywhere and I'd have no idea how much she actually had!

She has had some more of her dried forage stuff (I'm glad I went to the shops for that!) and is now flopped out having a sleep! (I like it when she flops out for 2 reasons 1) she looks really cute and like shes not in too much pain and 2) I can see her wound and it looks all neat and tidy :) )

Glad all is going well with Poppy. Really jealous about her licking the Metacam, I wish!!!

I had a much better sleep last night after knowing she was starting to feel better but still woke up early and decided to get up and check on her rather than worrying! Was greeted by a wagging tailed little fluff ball who has clearly been eating and pooing all night! Shes had a mass of fresh herbs this morning and a few treats (I hope she doesn't get too used to this naughty, eat what ever you feel like, diet!). She then decided my knee looked comfy for the first time and jumped up and gave me a properly good groom :)

This is her now flopped out after her excitement.....

IMG_0378_zps6d346ca1.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

she did look more relaxed than this but the camera beeps and it made her a little alert!

so pleased shes feeling more like herself :) thank you for every ones help and well wishes :)

Hi, I've just got back from taking Pops for her check up after her spay on Monday. I saw two vet nurses not my vet, they were lovely and checked her wound and everything but I didn't get as confidanter answer from them than I was hoping for!

Poppy has moved into her pen permanently now (no more going in her hutch when we're asleep or out now :D ) when she first came home she had 1/4 of it which is around 9sq ft, this morning she had trashed the place which for her means she's super board so I gave her some more, she now has about half which is about 18 sq ft. I asked the nurse when she could have the whole thing and she said she looks fine and her wound is together nicely so she can have it all now. Now I'm fine with giving her the whole thing but I then asked about her under bed storage box. I was worried she might not be allowed to jump that high but she said it was fine!?!?!

I'm willing to trust the vets, they have been very good with Poppy but I just wanted to check with more experienced people than myself whether you would allow her this much space and something she would need to jump a little to get in and out of?

Thank you again for your help :)

Back