• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Baby rabbit caught by cat.. RIP baby Celandine

Best of luck with the rescue run, hope all goes well, sending loads of vibes to you all, especially to the little furry one.

This sort of thing is why I love RU; I'd be totally up for helping with all this jazz if I was based on the mainland! It's like the A-Team of the rabbit world! Love all you guys for this [emoji173]️[emoji173]️[emoji173]️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My cat brought a baby bunny in once, it didn't look like it was harmed so we just let it out into the wild again. Tell her to look it up

I'm home. :wave: After my 6 and a half hour epic bunny run. :lol:

Little baby bunny travelled well, I heard him shuffling about in his hay nest a couple of times during the journey, but I think he slept through most of it. :love:

I will sleep well tonight. :thumb:

Little baby bunny travelled well, I heard him shuffling about in his hay nest a couple of times during the journey, but I think he slept through most of it. :love:

Well Done :thumb: I was telling my OH all about this rescue, and he was amazed how far people would go to help the little one :love:

Glad to hear that all went well, well done, sending lots of vibes for the little one and looking forward to updates.

Bless you Tracy :love: Sleep well xx

Fantastic news. I fell asleep some hours ago :lol: You've definitely earned your good night's sleep.

I am so very very sorry to tell everone that the little one passed away at midnight just a few hours after arriving.

Steve said that the little one (who with Alison and Tracy's permission we would like to name Celandine) had not wanted (or perhaps not seemed to be able) to swallow at all despite steve trying the paint brush technique as well as the teat. From experience (Steve has raised wildies, a day old hare and even a baby shrew!) the baby did not seem to take to the feed in quite the ‘right’ way somehow and did not swallow

He had been able to move around but his eyes had never opened whilst he was wth us. He seemed chubby when we got here but now we wonder if there was a problem we all could not know about

I really truely feel that everything everyone did for him was the right thing but perhaps there was some internal damage that we did not know about.

Steve feels gutted . We will bury him in our small orchard and name him (or her) Celandine.

I am so very very sorry this did not have a fairy tale ending.

(I have emailed Alison and messaged Tracy direct)

PS Little one weighed 100gms and comparing with Pippin's weights and also from the look, we are guessing s/he was about 13 days old and so should have had eyes open by now

Back