• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Baby rabbit caught by cat.. RIP baby Celandine

Such sad news :cry: It was a very likely outcome of course but I still feel you have to try to save them and he had the most wonderful life a rabbit could have on offer if he did survive. Thanks so much to Twigs and Steve and Tracy for doing everything possible to save this little bunny.

Thanks to everyone else for your kind words. It was truly a privilege to hold this little bunny and see him snuggle into the warmth of the heat pad. I'd do it all again in a heartbeat ... given the huge bunny population in the area this bun came from and all the cats around I don't want to tempt fate though!!

Last edited:
It was an amazing attempt to save this little one. So sad to hear that Celandine is now at the bridge. Binky free beautiful xx

We buried Celandine today in our orchard area with all the other beloved buns that have passed on. Folded in a lovely fluffy blanket and sprinkled all over with fresh primroses. A marker reminds us of Celandine's name and place in our hearts. -

We buried Celandine today in our orchard area with all the other beloved buns that have passed on. Folded in a lovely fluffy blanket and sprinkled all over with fresh primroses. A marker reminds us of Celandine's name and place in our hearts. -

That's very consoling to read. Even though Celandine didn't make it, knowing s/he was treated with great respect even to burial is comforting.

Back