• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Baby Orphans DAY 8 U/D :'(

as everyone has said - raising babies is so very difficult - I honestly think that if we had not had the luck to have had a lactating doe at the very moment Pippin turned up then there is no way he would still be with us. The feeds she gave him for that essential week made all the difference.

Even now I am only cautiously optimistic (especially as she no longer wants to feed him)- and he is now 3 weeks old and appears to be ding really well - but I know how many hurdles lie before him as he adapts to adult foods.

I really feel for you.

Only just caught up with your update, so sorry Kris, you did a fantastic job with the little ones, but it obviously wasn't meant to be. Don't be hard on yourself, you did everything humanly possible to give them the chance of a long and happy life. Sleep well little bunnies. x

Oh gosh Kris, I am so sorry. You did everything you could for these little ones and they had their best possible chance with you, they were just too vulnerable to begin with x

Fatty's gone.

I failed. I killed them. I need some time to think.

sending you massive massive hugs.
you DIDN'T kill them

you gave them a chance, you tried.
if you hadn't taken them, they definitely would have died. this way, they had a chance.
it's not your fault at all xxxxxxxxxx

Hand rearing baby rabbits is well known to be VERY hard. It would be silly to think you killed them; whatever took away their mother did.

I've just read through the whole post and i'm so sorry to hear about the 2 that have passed.
I think everyone here will give you as many hugs as you can handle.

xxxx

Hugs.
Its really not your fault. Very, very few hand raise bunnies survive.
You managed to give them a chance, something they wouldn't have otherwise have had.
Be glad for the time you had, treasure it in your heart where you'll never forget them.
One day you'll meet again, they'll be glossy coated and bouncing on the other side of a rainbow bridge.

Back