• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Baby bunny!! *NJORD!!!*

Thank you, we have a theme it's just trying to pick the right name from it :) I think we're down to a shortlist of 2 but haven't had chance to sit and talk about
Bragi is the closest to Luggage if you're sticking with your Norse gods theme.

Goodness...seeing the picture of him on your lap and the words "baby" and "dinky" certainly do not come to mind! 😆

What a handsome lad! Definitely Viking stock! 😉 Why not call him Leif? 🤔🥰

Bragi is the closest to Luggage if you're sticking with your Norse gods theme.
Interesting idea! We did look up norse for Luggage but it comes up as Baggi which didn't exactly seem an improvement 😂 😂 😂

Goodness...seeing the picture of him on your lap and the words "baby" and "dinky" certainly do not come to mind! 😆

He really is dinky, I'll try and find a photo of Freja on my lap to compare!
I quite like Leif/Leifr, it would be quite fitting, but we've finally settled on the name that has been on my mind for a while - Njord. Still a god, and we like how it sounds with Freja.

He will, in reality, be Luggage forevermore I suspect but at least he can be registered at the vets and insurance with a decent name!!

Freja at 1 year.

Attachments

• P1100401.jpg
    P1100401.jpg
    149.7 KB · Views: 1
And another comparison - they are supposed to be the same age in these photos but I'm questioning it, need to look at the dates properly, he is seriously dinky compared to her when she came at supposedly the same age. Are bucks just smaller?

Attachments

• IMG_0250.JPG
    IMG_0250.JPG
    239.7 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_6435.JPG
    IMG_6435.JPG
    392.5 KB · Views: 2
And another comparison - they are supposed to be the same age in these photos but I'm questioning it, need to look at the dates properly, he is seriously dinky compared to her when she came at supposedly the same age. Are bucks just smaller?
No, but runts are. You’d need a record of his weekly growth rate (weight gain) from birth. Runts have a very slow growth rate and might never attain the standard weight for the breed type.

Welcome Njord!
My bunnies often get a nickname, though I have confused the vets when I do not use their official name.

Oh he'll always be Luggage I suspect!! And I think it'll be on his vet record along with his proper name, but half the staff are friends anyway so they'll know regardless :-D

No, but runts are. You’d need a record of his weekly growth rate (weight gain) from birth. Runts have a very slow growth rate and might never attain the standard weight for the breed type.
We have seen some of his littermates and they are no different in size - but looking back at more precise dates, Njord has come to us 1 week shy of 5 months, whereas she came to us closer to 6 months, so there is 3-4 weeks age difference between them when they arrived. Already in the week we've had him he has lost much of his baby-ness and is looking more and more like her, and he's definitely grown a lot in a week!

Last edited:
Little Luggage is doing so well, he's incredibly bold and confident, always around our feet looking for trouble when we're cleaning him out, and seeking out our company whenever we're in. He comes straight to the door if he's awake - sometimes he's too snuggled up and fast asleep in his nest box to bother, but usually that's during the day. I have so much fun watching his antics on the camera, he's hilarious, always up to something.
He's very happily switched to Science Selective Grain free and is actually doing better gut wise on it which pleases me. The Bunny Nature has just arrived too so I'll slowly introduce that so that too - that has a Junior option unlike the Grain free so I'd like to give him both and slowly wean off the SS. He's really enjoying his fresh greens though, has built up to a good selection with no adverse effects and great pleasure so now he can have a good handful of fresh food alongside his kale at night.
1 week after he arrived he decided he could climb right onto my lap and sit there :) Made me very happy. He's very comfortable with me touching him all over, lifting his feet and feeling them, putting hands under his tummy and bottom. I want to build on that so we minimise any handling issues later on, so important when they are so big. I picked him up and held him on my lap for a moment yesterday while Robin fed him carrot and whilst he wasn't sure, he wasn't stressed and happily ate, and I popped him down before he had chance to try to jump. He turned round and came straight back for food so at least he's more forgiving than his big cousin!!
Forgive the hole in my trousers, but here he is being very brave climbing on my lap!

Attachments

• IMG_2429 3.JPG
    IMG_2429 3.JPG
    376.2 KB · Views: 4
Littlest big bun had a big day today - first time outside since he arrived (weather has been atrocious!). It's not a huge pen, but he enjoyed doing zoomies round it, and having a nibble of fresh grass. He was really brave being picked up to put in the transport box and came straight over to go back in to go "home".
And he went back in to an expanded encloure, he's now got 18+ft of floor space to bounce around in with more stuff to climb on, and I finally managed to get his floor mats down so he has foam flooring instead of wood.
And he's still cheeky!

Attachments

• IMG_2612.jpeg
    IMG_2612.jpeg
    676.6 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_2614.jpeg
    IMG_2614.jpeg
    602.5 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_2616.jpeg
    IMG_2616.jpeg
    599.6 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_2617.jpeg
    IMG_2617.jpeg
    591 KB · Views: 6
It sounds and looks like Njord is a super bunny in every way :love: It's great that he's so confiding in you too.

Back