• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Automatic Feeders

Dan_K

Warren Scout
Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone has ever used automatic feeders for their buns?

I am increasingly having to stay away from home for one or two nights at a time. Up until now I've always had someone who would pop in to feed them morning and night if I was away but my main bunny-sitter has recently moved away and I've called in nearly all the favours I can. In the past I've left them for up to 24 hours without any problems but I wouldn't leave them for longer than this.

I know that they are generally designed for cats but is there any issues in using them for rabbits too?

My two buns live indoors in their own room if it makes any difference?

Many thanks in advance

Dan

I think the main problem with this idea is the ability of a rabbit to go from fine to seriously ill in the space of a few hours. I really think a rabbit needs to be checked by someone twice a day if possibe

I think the main problem with this idea is the ability of a rabbit to go from fine to seriously ill in the space of a few hours. I really think a rabbit needs to be checked by someone twice a day if possibe

I would definitely agree on this point.

Thanks that was what I was expecting to be honest. It's just difficult asking people to pop in before and after work really when it's out their way and I feel bad for asking.

Perhaps I'll try and teach them to make their own dinner!

You could phone your vets and ask if they know of any petsitters in the area (quite a few vet nurses do this as an additional income) :)

Back