• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Automated feeder

Orenoko

Mama Doe
I sometimes work overnight at weekends but my other half is usually here. He's at a party this Saturday night so I thought hmmm, why don't I try getting an automated feeder so the rabbits can at least be fed on schedule.

It arrived today so I set it up with some nuggets ready for their dinnertime tonight. Go to have a bath and suddenly hear a noise. Get out to have a look and Rupert is attacking the feeder to try and get the nuggets! I guess that's £30 down the drain then....

Sent from my SM-F711B using Tapatalk

Definitely not! I put it back down and decided to supervise him, he was desperate to get in but then left it once he realised he couldn't. Then Lilac came in and did the same thing! I was more worried they would break it and hurt themselves on it but I'm feeling a tad more confident now, going to use it tomorrowwhile I'm here and see what they do. It's just dispensed their dinner with a little song haha.

Oooh - I got one from work a couple of months ago - the trixi double feeder. It’s battery operated but runs on a manual timer - just turn the dial to how many hours from it being closed, you want it to open. It’s so useful for my two hooligans cause when we are at work (wife 3 days/week) the buns get the muncheroos at about mid day so I put a few pellets in, some dried forage, bluebees and chopped cranberries with some fresh greens and herbs.
But when I put it down in the morning before I go to work, Alfred gets Uber excited and he’s like a safe cracker setting about chewing the edges. He gives up after a while - he smells the nommies inside and then at about mid day, the first door springs open and Flo and Alfred do a bit of pushy shovey to get at the treatos. Then about 15 mins later, door 2 pops open and off they go again. I highly recommend the feeders - they are so good.

Yeah that's why I got this one, we're not often out overnight or even all day any more but I felt bad for them having to go without for so long this coming weekend. This one is called PawHut and has 6 little sections, I hadn't seen the one you've got but probably would've just got that if I'd seen it first!

I'm assuming it's dog and cat proof so hopefully will be rabbit proof too. I'd like to spread some of their food out, they get a handful of dried forage, couple of bits of dandelion root and fresh veg first thing, it would be good to spread it out more, so if I can feel confident about them using it, it could be very handy!

Back