• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Attitude Change In Spayed Rabbit

Bunny Newb

New Kit
Hi All,

Hope you are all well with all this snow.

I have a very urgent question which im hoping you can help me with.

I have 2 buns Yoda and Jar Jar.

They were spayed on Tuesday and all was fine until the next day.

Jar Jar seems to have developed the baddest attitude ive ever seen. All she wants to do is bite Yoda and actively seeks her out whenever they are together. She has always been the dominant one but no biting just a nudge here and there. She rattles the hutch doors like crazy and tries to bite Yoda through the bars she has also bitten me and my husband The vet has told me to separate them especially until they heal. So at the moment they are being let out one at a time so there is no conflict but i am concerned that their original bond will be destroyed.

Can anyone give me some advice on what to do.

Many Thanks. Preeti & Paul. xx

I think you are right to seperate them for the time being. She is probably just upset over the whole experience. Hopefully with time she will calm down again and you can rebond.

After reading another post I thought that maybe she is playing up due to the pain, so we gave her a shot of Metacam and she seemed to chill out a bit but still attacking Yoda.

I think im gonna have to keep them apart but in the same room so they can see and smell each other and just rebond later.

Just need to persevere i suppose. :(

Back