• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Atticus, stasis :(

We have hay nibbling :D and a little extremely gross output.. Idc though I'll take anything atm.. Apparently it stinks, I have no smell atm though so I'm doing okay [emoji38]

I'm just hoping he keeps nibbling, doing the fluids every 2 hours still, meds due at 11pm if he keeps nibbling I'm not going to CC.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

We have hay nibbling :D and a little extremely gross output.. Idc though I'll take anything atm.. Apparently it stinks, I have no smell atm though so I'm doing okay [emoji38]

I'm just hoping he keeps nibbling, doing the fluids every 2 hours still, meds due at 11pm if he keeps nibbling I'm not going to CC.

Hay nibbling is very reassuring :love: I wouldn't CC either.

Yay. Even go the gross output! Take it easy every two hrs through the night is tough going

Hay nibbling is very reassuring :love: I wouldn't CC either.
He wouldn't normally get this, but he's eaten some of the watercress I've got growing in the greenhouse too [emoji7] I figure anything is better than nothing at this point

Yay. Even go the gross output! Take it easy every two hrs through the night is tough going
Yea last time I think it was every hour I had to do it, that was rough, I'm hoping every 2 will be a little easier, gunna see how he goes. Yea honestly it's bad but I'm so glad he's passing stuff

Water cress will have a high water content as well, which will be a bonus

Richard

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

He wouldn't normally get this, but he's eaten some of the watercress I've got growing in the greenhouse too [emoji7] I figure anything is better than nothing at this point

Aw, poorly boys deserve special food :love: You can always replace the watercress.

Pleased he's nibbling Graicee. With a normal bun I would give CC but a megacolon one must be different. Keep it up Atty boy - we've all been thinking of you. Hope you're doing ok Graicee too xx

Really pleased to read that Atticus has started nibbling something. Hopefully he'll be feeling a bit better now he's passed the dung heap of evil stink!

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk

Oh good, topping up the vibes for input and output - smelly or otherwise x

Aw, poorly boys deserve special food :love: You can always replace the watercress.
Oh yea I'm not worried about the watercress, I'll just prop more, I'm just glad he's enjoying it [emoji38] he doesn't seem to want anything but watercress and a bit of hay nibbling so I'm glad we've got lots :)

Just did all his meds and fluid he was really good, although damn it was tough, he was so good but between the shortness of breath and bump and having to lean over him, I had to sit back up again whilst he swallowed each time [emoji51][emoji51] he must think I've lost it [emoji38]

Thanks everyone :)
Pleased he's nibbling Graicee. With a normal bun I would give CC but a megacolon one must be different. Keep it up Atty boy - we've all been thinking of you. Hope you're doing ok Graicee too xx
Yea it's hard to call with him sometimes, whilst he is nibbling and there's stinky output I'm not going to, cc will be last resort I think. I'm okay thanks, hanging in [emoji38] xx

I’m so pleased he’s doing better. I’m worried about your lack of smell though, did you give that as a symptom to the nhs? Sending lots more hugs and vibes xx

I’m so pleased he’s doing better. I’m worried about your lack of smell though, did you give that as a symptom to the nhs? Sending lots more hugs and vibes xx

Yea I mentioned it. If you believe some reports it's a common symptom young people get with the mild form of the virus... Who knows tho tbh, I just don't think we know enough about all this, and I've missed the best time to test window so Idk really! It's a tricky one. My breathing got worse but not terrible and hasn't got any worse, so if I do have it, I reckon it's mild (hopefully [emoji38]) or I've got something else! Michael is not well either but has different symptoms to me, but also has the loss of smell thing xx

Yea I mentioned it. If you believe some reports it's a common symptom young people get with the mild form of the virus... Who knows tho tbh, I just don't think we know enough about all this, and I've missed the best time to test window so Idk really! It's a tricky one. My breathing got worse but not terrible and hasn't got any worse, so if I do have it, I reckon it's mild (hopefully [emoji38]) or I've got something else! Michael is not well either but has different symptoms to me, but also has the loss of smell thing xx

lots of overnight feel better vibes for everybun xx

I hope Atticus has continued to improve overnight ? x
Thanks for asking Jane :)

Been up with him checking lots and doing fluids, he's been nibbling a little here and there, and there's a tiny amount of output, I'm kinda wondering if he passed the backlog at the vets, but he hadn't been eating at all til the nibbling last night, so this is probably okay.. Anyway all was going okay til about 10 mins ago, he pulled his ear tape clean off [emoji21] I checked the catheter and it wasn't leaking or anything so I've re taped it up, hopefully it's okay, been a while since I've had to do that, I never want to do it too tight but equally needs to not just slide off [emoji38] he's back to nibbling hay so can't be that bad [emoji51] he's such a monster sometimes x

Back