• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Asbeau Updated again!

Thanks for your kind words everyoneXxX
I just checked up on him and he is happily sleeping in his warm bed with Magic by his side :D
I hope He is ok, I'd feel terrible for me and Magic if anything was to happen to him, poor Magic has already lost her husbun who she was absolutely devoted to :cry:

Aaaaaaw bless him I am sorry to hear about Asbeau, you are doing everything you can for him though until he goes to the vets - I hope he gets better soon

I've only just now found this thread Beth. Hope the vet visit went well and that Asbeau's getting the treatment he needs. Fingers crossed for you.

Thankyou everyone :D
The vet thinks he might have a parasite that lives in urine? so he has had a sample taken and they are ordering the medication in for tomorrow.
They have given me some Baytril (for his snuffly nose) some Fudicerm (sp?) for his burns, some science recovery as he isn't eating much.
She's checked his teeth and there are no prblems but she is abit worried about the fact he drops food when he eats it.
She also checked Magic over who came with us and she is fine :) I am going back tomorrow at 4:50 to get his otehr medication. He might have to have blood tests depending on how is urine sample is.
Thankyou for everyone who has been thinking of Asbeau, he sends bunny kisses (although his mouth is covered in science recovery :rolleyes:)
thankyouXxXx

EC is a parasite and its spores are shed through urine. Personally I have never heard of it being tested for in urine though, only by an antibodie test on the blood.

Perhaps your vet is testing the urine for something else first?

Last edited:
Sooz, i'm not entirely sure why they took a urine sample, i think it's to detect if there is any blood in it :)

Back