• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

are your bunnies microchipped?

are your bunnies microchipped?

• yes

Votes: 14 18.4%
  • no

Votes: 62 81.6%

• Total voters
Nope, the cats are but not the bunnies. I considered having Santa done while she was under GA for a dental, with a chip that also tells the body temperature while being scanned. Because she was so small I thought that would avoid the need for her to have thermometers shoved up her bum all the time - I don't think they're hugely accurate but it would probably be ok for many uses and only confirmed or double checked with thermometer up bum if it was deemed particularly necessary. If I was going to chip them, I would get them done with the biotherm chips more for this purpose than for identification.

yes, because I board them so if they escaped, I hope I'd have a better chance of getting them back.

I never thought of having it done for this reason but it's a good idea. I had asked my vets but he said it's prob not needed as they are in the outhouse. I may consider it now.

Yes. They were done by the rescue centre before I got them which incidentally ALWAYS scans stray rabbits for a chip on arrival just in case. I like them chipped as it's an extra thing that will help them be found if they were ever lost and proves that they belong to me should they be handed in somewhere.

Back