• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Are they bored?

Ryo_the_rat

Warren Scout
I wondered if someone could give me some advice. Molly, Errol and Timmy have been living together for a few months now. Molly used to live with Stumpy and all four got together just before Stumpy passed away :( they are very happy as a trio and always cuddled up and washing each other etc. before they all got together Molly used to destroy the room. she would chew the carpet at the edges of the room and the skirting board and the wallpaper-basically anything she could. after they got together they were all allowed to free range the whole day and night apart from a couple of hours when the guinea pigs are let out(they are indoor bunnies and in an "animal room" which is the biggest in the house)

This also gave them more room as they share just one crate now so we bought those snugglesafe tubes and warren and they loved them. got them a carrot patch and carrot tree, willow balls, balls with bells, carrot toss things. basically any toy we saw. of course they had most of these things before the extra room, but it all helped her stop chewing. for a few months anyway :roll:

For about 3 weeks now she has been back at it but now she has Timmy doing it too! they are chewing the tubes to the point where they dont join onto the warren cube anymore, the skirting board and carpet have taken a real beating and they have even started eating the wall now that the wallpaper has been chewed off :shock: i would desperately like some advice on how i could get them to stop doing this. they have lots of toys, they get to run about all day every day so i dont know what else to do. i have tried a cardboard box with hay in for them to dig-it gets used as a toilet:roll:im really frustrated so please help if you can.

Oh and i would like to point out that as far as im aware none of the things they are chewing actually get ingested-it all gets left on the floor for me:roll:

Do you ever let them outside?
Perhaps if you get into a routeen with them, letting them out for an hour.. it'll stop any bordem.
As for the chewing, you can get gnaw stones with herbs and rose pressed into them which mine absolutely love, although I'll warn you they are messy.

was going to suggest a run outside too... providing lots of sticks adn hay cakes .... try also making new toys adn swopping things around suc has wrapping treats in brown paper and tying with string my buns love trying to get into them a treat bal works wonders with keep ing them occupied too and a cardboar box filled with shredded newspaper is a must!!! x

Back