• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Are Rabbits really lonely on their own?

I really believe that even house buns need a friend of their own kind. Bungle loved us and spent a lot of time sitting with us in the evening having cuddles but it used to break my heart watching him trying to communicate with the cats, he used to put his little head out to them to be groomed and you could tell that he couldnt understand why they were ignoring him. Also, we both spent all day at work so although he had lots of space and toys, its not good for a bunny to be alone for so long.

I also have to say that looking after multiple groups of buns is a just as easy if not easier than a lone bun. The bunny proofing is the same, the only thing is that there are more poops to sweep up.

I know that I would never keep a single bun again either in or out.

Oggie was ok on his own, but having Delly has really made him happy.
He has majorly improved because of her aswell, and is much more confidant.
However, Delly is very outgoing, like she isnt bothered with oggie or without him. But I think, if he suddenly went, she would be lost without him.

ETA - I know Oggie would be lost without Dells. When she hops onto the bed with me, he always sits and looks at us :lol: He is such a muppet.

Radish is on her own at the moment as a single house bunny. But I will be getting her a partner soon.

I was going to get her a partner in Feb but due to finances and a discussion with OH it now has to be April but I am sure she will be happier once we get her a friend.

No matter how much she grooms me and loves me I always think she would like one of her own kind to talk to.

i had biggles on his own till 5, he loved attention from me, he loves his wife though they are not the glued together, though when out they are rarely together but in the cage they snuggle, mind carrie suffers from OCD in biggles grooming :lol:

i think it depends on the bun most like company, there are some who prefere hoomins and are unbondable

Theres nothing more lovely than a bonded pair of bunnies :love:

IMG_1633.jpg

I have a tear in my eye, this pic is so lovely and the grey bun could be my late widget, ah :love::love:

My bunny is on her own as a house bun, she has recently relaxed more and is always nudging for cuddles and licking us. This makes me feel sad when I am not there and thinking of her on her lonesome. I definately want to get another bunny, but as I rent my flat I worry that two buns would be hard to control...my bun relaxes a lot but also has mad times when she chews a lot and tries to jump behind the tv etc . If I owned the flat this would be so much easier!!

Back