• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

ARC is overun with babies

I have a lovely boy called Bill who is looking for a nice new home with a girl friend, I have fostered him for quite a while, he loves fuss and attention however no one seems to want him and he is a real super boy just waiting for someone to give him lots of attention. With 45 guinea pigs here and 4 rabbits he isn't quite getting the attention he deserves.

This is Bill.
Billmed.jpg

just wanted to see if this works- here are my pics of the 3 week old dutches, i just wanted to see if i could get the pics up without having to put a link on!

so here goes...

BabyBuns003.jpg
[/img]
BabyBuns004.jpg
[/img]
BabyBuns006.jpg
[/img]
hope it has worked!

sophie

Next to the iamges on photo bucket there are move | edit | delete buttons is you click the edit one. That page has the option to resize, if you click the resize button on there it will make the picture smaller for you :)

Tam

these little ones will all be looking for homes in 5 weeks time!

they are lovely bunnies, and if they are anything like donnas 7 week old dutches are they will make lovely pets!

donnas babies are so friendly, they are always trying to lick you!

sophie

Maxbun (Jane) visited yesterday on her way to catch a ferry. She has reserved the black and white Dutch baby for when she returns from holiday next weekend.
Jane has a neutered male bun 2 hutches and 2 runs so she can take her time over introductions. :D

here is another pic of my family of dutches having dinner!
DutchBabies002.jpg
[/img]
the little guys love their food!!!!

looks like ARC are going to be having more babies born as donna has received a call and we have 2 mums-to-be coming in on monday! will post some pics when they arrive!

sophie

We have also had 4 baby guinea pigss arrive last week who have already got homes sorted out, another 2 arrived on Monday of this week, these are possibly girls and we have another 1 or 2 pregnant females as well. So babies all around.

Janice

More good news - all the baby lops have found homes as have the older litter of Dutch's. Twinkle and Star have also found homes.
Trouble is everybody is going for the babies and homing of our older buns has slowed as a result.

jrn1310 said:
We have also had 4 baby guinea pigss arrive last week who have already got homes sorted out, another 2 arrived on Monday of this week, these are possibly girls and we have another 1 or 2 pregnant females as well. So babies all around.

Janice

yay! We'll be looking for a little girl guinea (hopefully a baby!) at around october half term as alfies going to be neutered when he has his teeth op and after 6 weeks will need a girlie friend!! Keep one reserved for us :D

:p phew...good job they have all got new homes without me having to engage in mischief with the o/h

but I do love baby guinea pigs too :wink: always found it fascinating how they can be running around and whistling within minutes of being born

Just when it looked like we were getting to the bottom of our baby problem.....the RSPCA ask us to take more!
There are 4 babies of about 4 weeks (but no mum), a very heavily pregnant doe and another doe that has been running with an un-neutered male (so probably pregnant too).
They are supposed to be lionheads and lops (but we are often given wrong information) getting them at 8.30 tonight - so watch this space!

well i have a mum and 4, 4 week old babies her that are all white lion heads with pink eyes. 2 of the babies have got bad diarrhoea and has got the vet coming to visit them today. not sure of sexes as i havent checked because i havent wanted to stress them out.

and the bad news is that while this poor mum is feeding her babies she is pregnant with her next litter. so we are going to have lots more babies.

pics to follow of mum and her babies!

sophie

There is also another young white lionhead from same rescue, she's sure to be pregnant too. They seem quite well fed but they are very dirty.

Back