• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Applied to be a charity today-- awaiting application response..

I don't think so, it's talking about individual people not companies...I think it's far more complex than that and honestly think you may need to go riiiiight back to the drawing board and think about exactly what you intend to do, how, who you will involve etc before going in any deeper. The above you have quoted is about charitable companies, not registered charities, whereas what you said at the start of this thread was that you have registered as a charity (for which that link says you need 3 trustees). If it's not something you can take time out to research fully and get your head around, I'd suggest you take professional advice on exactly what you set up and how.

Thanks i've submitted an application for a charitable limited corporation. It has been submitted to both companies house and also to the charities commission. The advice i got from a solicitor was that it is okay to setup without the initial 5k turnover, providing it's a charitable corporation with an expected 1 year turnover. I will have to get back to my solicitor on the trustee element. I think i've definately gone wrong somewhere.

Thanks for the information xxxxx

There are other companies doing this. I plan to raise funds also, but i may have set my objects slightly wrong for doing so, so may have to amend them if i get rejected. Will let you know what happens. Will probably give them(charities commission) a call and have a chat see what they have to say xxx

If I remember rightly as a charity you need to raise funds for a specific purpose, you cannot then donate part of that money to another cause as that is gaining funds by deception, as the money raised does not go to the cause that the money was intitially raised for.

The money has to be raised for a specific cause and objective.

If I remember rightly as a charity you need to raise funds for a specific purpose, you cannot then donate part of that money to another cause as that is gaining funds by deception, as the money raised does not go to the cause that the money was intitially raised for.

The money has to be raised for a specific cause and objective.

Think i have a problem - i may need two trustees according to a solicitor i just spoke too. Will be interesting to see what comes back regarding this app.

xxxxx

Think i have a problem - i may need two trustees according to a solicitor i just spoke too. Will be interesting to see what comes back regarding this app.

xxxxx

I am pretty sure the number of trustees depends on which governing document you submitted with the application form. The governing document has to be agreed on and signed by all the trustees and sent with the application form :?

I think it could take a while for you to get everything sorted, and I'm afraid I've got no advice on the applying to be a charity front, but I think it might be an idea to start doing some fundraising for other rescues in the mean time - do some good and get more of an accurate idea on how much money you might be bringing in.

Thanks - quick question- can trustees family?
By the way- i didn't do it through the charity commission orginally- so i've done it through them this morning , i've just sat for about four hours sorting it out. It's quite an application.

xxxxx

Back