• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Anyone heard this method to relax a bunny?

I held my bun in my arms on his back and he just chilled whilst i cut his claws, same with the others, i kind of asked them if it was okay to do, and to let me know if not- i know that sounds weird- but he will always tell me off if i'm doing anything wrong, he is a nervous bunny and he is very loud when it comes to correcting me if i'm handling him wrong or he is unhappy.

I think if there are reports on it increasing stress levels that's something to consider.

Last edited:
My daughter tamed her min Rex by putting it on it's back every time it bit her. I wasn't happy with the idea as I was worried she'd snap it's spine or something because they struggle so much when u turning them over. But the Rex's seem very hard to tame (or maybe we just unlucky). Her rabbit is now exceptionally tame and we are now taming up a second Rex (lots of biting lol)!! I read about the 'head press' on the net to discipline them for bad behaviour .. which is gentle and similar as I understand, to what they do to each other to dominate. Anyhow I found this link on how to relax ur rabbit and have tried it on my 6 month old Rex (the biter) and it worked on her first time to relax her .. take a look :) >>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oLkk6Vjt44

I must say that poor bunny looked anything but relaxed :?

i kind of asked them if it was okay to do, and to let me know if not- i know that sounds weird- but sunny will always tell me off if i'm doing anything wrong, he is a nervous bunny and he is very loud when it comes to correcting me if i'm handling him wrong or he is unhappy.

With trancing though, it's a fear induced state and the bun remains very still as a survival instinct - I don't think you can make the assumption that they liked it because they didn't let you know otherwise.

My buns will struggle if I don't hold them (in an upright position) securely enough but I'm guessing that if I tranced them they would lie completely still.

Back