• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Anyone have this hutch /run?

Willow_Warren said:
sgprescue said:
Willow_Warren said:
sgprescue said:
The sides are made of plywood so I painted the whole thing in a wood preserver then have a scratch and newton hutch cover on the top part. I would be very wary using it for guinea pigs. The hutch is 2ft off the ground so quite a way for them to climb up. The ladder that comes with it is far too steep and as you can see from my pics I had to prop it up with a washing up bowl to make it suitable for the bunnies. I think you could probably easily adapt it so that the run was attached to the front of the hutch instead :thumb:

I just bought this off of ebay last week (I got it for just £95 + del - which I think is a good price). Thanks for the advice re the steepness of the ramp though. Do they manage it well with the washing up bowl, coz if so I will do something similar!

Still need to find fit young man to help me put it together :wink:

They can easily manage to get up and down the ladder with the bowl at the bottom. I managed to wedge the top of the ladder in the hole so that it doesnt move :thumb:

somehow I managed to put mine together on my own :shock:

Oh thanks, well hopefully mine will arrive next week and I will put it together at the weekend, and have a hunt around as to what I can rest the ladder on... thanks for the advice!!! :D

p.s. do one of the standar sized Scratch & Newton covers fit this? If so someone may still have one is stock?
I actually used one of their 6ft run huggers which works very well ;)

bluebunny said:
Will it be ok for piggies if adapt the ramp?
If not can anyone suggest a hutch that will be?
You could ask them to make the run lower (its about 2foot high so more height than a piggie needs I think) then the ramp wouldn't be such a problem.

Back