• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

anyone had cavity wall insulation? - were the pets ok with the noise?*done*

ours got done today. there was drama as always because they said they needed to come in to check the fire and i heard them and started having a panic attack. :oops: so o/h had to tell them they couldn't come in and had to ring the estate agents about the fire. :oops: anyway, it finally got done. the piggies hid in the hay but weren't bothered, and bisc and matt slept through it :roll::thumb:

Aww sorry to hear that. I don't really understand why they check things like that. Like I said earlier in the thread, they decided we had to have another vent in the wall, because there wasn't enough air going to our boiler. We didn't have a gas fire or anything.

Great news on the pets though. You're going to be all cosy and warm now. :)

Aww sorry to hear that. I don't really understand why they check things like that. Like I said earlier in the thread, they decided we had to have another vent in the wall, because there wasn't enough air going to our boiler. We didn't have a gas fire or anything.

Great news on the pets though. You're going to be all cosy and warm now. :)

it was worse because o/h asked them twice and the estate agents twice to make sure no-one had to come in and they said no-one would have to. :roll: it just panicked me when they said they needed to. :oops: the man was really nice though about me, even asked if i would be ok with the noise and tell them to stop if i wasn't. it did make me jump a few times but i'm naturally jumpy anyway, i jump when the toast pops up! :oops::lol:

Back