• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Any spare vibes for Bailey?

thank you so much xx

No I don't have any emprid mighty Max, but do have normal critical care. since having his Zantac and metacam earlier he's picked up and finally eaten his pellets. Also eaten some more herbs, bit of broccoli, apple tree leaves and a parsnip peeling. I've also raided my rabbit store and found some camomile hay which he's also having the odd nibble at so hopefully he'll be able to settle and have a more restful night.

Poop wise, he is passing a few more which is good but they are very dark, and slightly wet/sticky.

thank you so much xx

No I don't have any emprid mighty Max, but do have normal critical care. since having his Zantac and metacam earlier he's picked up and finally eaten his pellets. Also eaten some more herbs, bit of broccoli, apple tree leaves and a parsnip peeling. I've also raided my rabbit store and found some camomile hay which he's also having the odd nibble at so hopefully he'll be able to settle and have a more restful night.

Poop wise, he is passing a few more which is good but they are very dark, and slightly wet/sticky.

I'm glad there's been an improvement Ruth :D

How is he this morning?

Hi guys, thanks so much for all your comments and so sorry for the delay in writing back. Bailey is doing much better, back eating his pellets and pretty much whatever is put in front of him! Although more stringy poos today, and silly me completly forgot their vaccination is today!

So as he's better, I've managed to move the appointment to vets4pets here in Newbury rather than trekking to Swindon. I'm hoping he'll be okay but at least they can give him the once over to make sure he's okay and then won't have to go back for a little while. So we're off shortly, and I'll be back later xx

Hi guys, thanks so much for all your comments and so sorry for the delay in writing back. Bailey is doing much better, back eating his pellets and pretty much whatever is put in front of him! Although more stringy poos today, and silly me completly forgot their vaccination is today!

So as he's better, I've managed to move the appointment to vets4pets here in Newbury rather than trekking to Swindon. I'm hoping he'll be okay but at least they can give him the once over to make sure he's okay and then won't have to go back for a little while. So we're off shortly, and I'll be back later xx

Glad to hear that he seems to be doing better and I hope that his Vet check-up goes well xx

Glad to hear this good report, Ruth :D

Have you used the Newbury vets before?

Yeah I tend to use vets4pets for nail clipping and vaccinations. But anything else will be Swindon for sure! To be fair they were great tonight, both bunnies had full health checks.. Baileys tummy was a tiny bit slower than she would expect so I've got to keep an eye but doesn't feel like any obstructions or anything too worrying! Well both buns are health checked, vaccinated and bella had her nails done, all for £52! Not too bad xx

Yeah I tend to use vets4pets for nail clipping and vaccinations. But anything else will be Swindon for sure! To be fair they were great tonight, both bunnies had full health checks.. Baileys tummy was a tiny bit slower than she would expect so I've got to keep an eye but doesn't feel like any obstructions or anything too worrying! Well both buns are health checked, vaccinated and bella had her nails done, all for £52! Not too bad xx

It certainly could have been a lot worse !

Sounds good! It's a very useful thing to have a decent vet nearby, even if you travel further afield for more expertise.

You certainly got5 good value there! Where did you way they were again? :lol:

Sounds good! It's a very useful thing to have a decent vet nearby, even if you travel further afield for more expertise.

You certainly got good value there! Where did you way they were again? :lol:

You certainly got good value there! Where did you say they were again? :lol:

Thanks Jane, and God I know! I called Swindon earlier to cancel the appointment there and I was looking at £50 each at least!! Looks like vets4pets was the best choice tonight, just hope little Bailey picks up soon bless him. He's now in a mega sulk, gave him some parsnip as a treat, he looked at it and turned his back. I walked out in the other room and he's had a nibble! Lol!

Now he's seen me again, he hopped off and hidden! Horrible mummy!!! :cry:

Thanks Jane, and God I know! I called Swindon earlier to cancel the appointment there and I was looking at £50 each at least!! Looks like vets4pets was the best choice tonight, just hope little Bailey picks up soon bless him. He's now in a mega sulk, gave him some parsnip as a treat, he looked at it and turned his back. I walked out in the other room and he's had a nibble! Lol!

Now he's seen me again, he hopped off and hidden! Horrible mummy!!! :cry:

Oh dear, Sir Bailey Bunny is not impressed. I think you may have some grovelling to do !

You certainly got good value there! Where did you say they were again? :lol:

Thank you and yeah their okay.. I asked the guys at Swindon about charlotte and they said they knew her and she knew her knowledge, so I'm learning to trust her slowly! :) it's vets for pets in Newbury, so very cheap for being down here! Xx

Thank you and yeah their okay.. I asked the guys at Swindon about charlotte and they said they knew her and she knew her knowledge, so I'm learning to trust her slowly! :) it's vets for pets in Newbury, so very cheap for being down here! Xx

Time to move out of London :lol:

Back