• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

any rabbits

If you go to a good vet who is experienced with rabbits then the risk from anaesthetic/surgery is minimal. I work at a veterinary practice and it is VERY rare for us to lose a healthy bun during routine surgery.

There is a much, much greater risk (something crazy like an 80% chance) of them developing uterine cancer if not speyed.

thanks i will have a look the whole point of this thread was for me to get a rabbit in need not to have a dig at me and thank you i will look at your link as no i do not want my femals to devolp cancer as someone has already pm me implying :roll:

Aww Ry, I'm sure no-ones trying to have a dig, just trying to pass on advice :) and make sure you get all the right info.

Thing is, there's so many misconceptions about bunnies out there that people just want to make sure you've got all the facts about it. I only got my bunnies last month and I was really shocked at how much I didn't know before I started looking into it previously. Everyone just wants the best for bunnies on here and I think it's trying to give you all the info at once, or let you know that something they know is diffeerent from what you think you know, if you get what I mean!! That might make it seem a bit "diggy" maybe? I know when ppl at work ask me about my bunnies I drone on for ages and I think they wished they never asked. Even if they just ask me if they eat lettuce I end up banging on about whats safe and what's not and why not....:roll:

I've just had my two newest bunnies spayed and it is nerveracking when they go through it, but I know it's best for them.

thanks i know your right :wave: just worry about them

and i must say getting a pm from one person being rude about how i treat my bunnys?!!?! :shock: when they dont me and another saying so they die of cnacer instead does not help but i know people are trying to help :wave:

No one can be rude about you or how you keep your rabbits as they don't know you, however you must also be aware about what you say to people. :roll:

thanks but i can say the same for you about what you say to people :)

I was in no way rude and have all messages to show that. What I am saying is that you can't tell someone something and then accuse that person of then being rude when they offer advice that isn't what you want to hear. My advice to you was said in a respectful way because you are young.
This is a forum so you have to expect criticism when you post something, not every one has the same views but hopefully you can learn from other people's input.

i did edit it but yes i did put that as i do remember your pm must admit your posts are nice but defently not your pm!!! :roll: but i changed it as i am no angel as well

but cna we please get on to what i realy would like to know

is there a list of recues around us???

Ry, we were having very friendly pm's until you didn't agree with something I said. I won't disclose what it was about on here because that wouldn't be right and certainly wouldn't be respectful of you.

I do hope that you can find a bunny right for you and wish you luck! :)

please guys, the forum is not for fighting.

Ultimatly there will always be differences in opinion. As for PMs Ry, if you are unhappy with a PM you receive please raise it with either myself or one of the other buddies/mods/admin so that we can deal with it efficiently.

xxx

please guys, the forum is not for fighting.

Ultimatly there will always be differences in opinion. As for PMs Ry, if you are unhappy with a PM you receive please raise it with either myself or one of the other buddies/mods/admin so that we can deal with it efficiently.

xxx

This has already been done Sarah :D

Hiya,

Just to remind you any problems you can pm a mod or admin or use the report button next to posts :)

Tamsin

Back