• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

any rabbits

whereabouts are you in hampshire? is it 1 bun to keep on it's own or to bond with one of your existing buns?

You could also be in danger of not getting a single rescue bunny as in most cases rescues wont rehome for their buns to live as a single bunny outdoors unless the bunny in question simply woudl not bond with other rabbits and has to be kept as a singleton :)

I do homechecks on behalf of rescues, and can assure you that we do not are not 'digging to find fault' with anybody...we WANT people to pass and are usually very sad if they don't.

out of interest for what reasons do you not pass people? apart from obvious reasons i suppose!

me?? i am not a home inspector? :shock:
I think Tiffany86 was directing the question at abbymarysmokey as it was that post that they quoted. :D

Looking back at the thread I think you said that this was directed to me
"buster was with snowball until she had a litter so i took him out and he did go next to them in the run and also how many animals do you have and do they get all the garden mine all have loves and hugs and have nice hutches cleaned out but i cant just go over the top on one of 2 like you can with your 2 thats all"

I just have the two rabbits as at the moment I haven't got room in the garden for any more. My previous bunny had part of the summerhouse sectioned off and had free range of the garden from 8am to dusk. She started out life with her sister, but when she died I didn't get another rabbit. In hindsight that's something I'd do differently. She got a lot of attention as someone was at home all day, but it's not the same as having another bunny for her to snuggle up to hence my belief that rabbits need to be in pairs.

When I got my current bunnies I had two litter mates, but unfortunately one of them died whilst being neutered. I knew that my hutch sizes wouldn't meet the specification of some of the rescues, but looking on rabbit rehome I found an individual who was re homing some of her bunnies and she was happy for me to take on one of her bunnies.

I'd love to have more rabbits when I move house, but realistically, I doubt that I could afford to do so. I'd rather have two rabbits and make sure they have the best that I can give them, rather than have more rabbits and feel guilty because I know I can't give them the best quality of care or afford to pay any emergency vets bills.

I hope that's what you were asking animal ry - I have to admit that I find some of your posts quite difficult to read as I'm not sure if it's all one sentence or sometimes a misspelled word can be quite confusing (personally I live by Google spellchecker, as I can't spell for toffee!)

Basically - enough waffling from me. I've learnt heaps from this site & I hope you're finding it as helpful. :D

out of interest for what reasons do you not pass people? apart from obvious reasons i suppose!

It depends what the rescue asks me to look for, but they usually want to check the following:

Accomodation is large enough, clean and safe from predators (if outdoors)
There is a run or area that the rabbit/s can exercise in.
Existing rabbits seem well cared for and are neutered and vaccinated.
Check that they feed the right type of food and plenty of hay, and that fresh water is available.
Whether they own any other pets (e.g. dogs).
Enquire about holiday arrangements.
Make sure they are registered with a vet and ask whether their vet is good with rabbits.

Some rescues ask for specific hutch/run sizes but I've never homechecked for a rescue that does.

Amy

Would strongly recommend that you get your females neutered. There is a VERY high risk of uterine cancer in unspeyed females.

my oldest is 3 going on 4 and she has never had a problem :shock:

i have found out about so more illnesses since joining not sure if i liek that bit though

my oldest is 3 going on 4 and she has never had a problem :shock:

i have found out about so more illnesses since joining not sure if i liek that bit though

I would definately get her speyed, cancer isnt a very nice thing to have, especially if could be avoided :(

well im a very reluctent and i will tell you why...

my friend had her 2 rabbits spayed they where both girls and my cousin had his boy neturd and they got infections and died :cry:

i just dont want mine espicaly my older girl angel getting hurt :(

well im a very reluctent and i will tell you why...

my friend had her 2 rabbits spayed they where both girls and my cousin had his boy neturd and they got infections and died :cry:

i just dont want mine espicaly my older girl angel getting hurt :(

So they die of cancer instead :?

Back