• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

any rabbits

Possibly single buns are more affectionate because they don't have any company? It's a bit of a sweeping statement though, and will depend on the individual character of the rabbit. You have to think about what is more important, the happiness of the rabbit or how much affection they give you? Seems to me the answer is easy.

:shock: dont rilly like the way you put that but buster was a very affectiont bunny and was not from a rescue as i know they can be a bit more shocked and suprised at love but if they need to be ina pair then i have a baby bunny it depends on the rabbit

:shock: dont rilly like the way you put that but buster was a very affectiont bunny and was not from a rescue as i know they can be a bit more shocked and suprised at love but if they need to be ina pair then i have a baby bunny it depends on the rabbit

I think what Monkey puzzler means is they are more likely to attach to you because they are on their own, but given the choice I'm sure they'd like company all the time. :)
I have a bonded pair that are both very affectionate towards me so it does depend on the individual bun.

At least if you get an adult from a rescue you will be able to know what it's personality is like, where as a lot of baby buns personalities change as they get older.

btw. The recommended size for a pair of medium sized buns is a 2 X 6 hutch/sleeping area and a run of 6 X 4 foot. Which is perhaps what the lady meant my running space. :)

my singel rabbit buster loved me before he died but my pairs dont mind me and come and say hi! but they prefer being left together so i guss i think singels can be more affectiont

If you look at the RWF leaflets they say " Two is company. Rabbits evolved to live in groups, never alone. Keeping a single rabbit deprives your pet of one of his most fundamental requirements - the company of his own kind. It is possible to keep just one rabbit if your bunny lives indoors as part of the family, with plenty of human company" If you really must have a single bunny because you believe it will be more affectionate, then it needs to be a house bunny and not live outside in solitary confinement.

Reading your earlier posts on this thread suggests that you feel that a 4 foot hutch is adequate, but if you possibly can, I personally feel the bigger the better. I have my two in a two tier 5 foot hutch and 5 foot by 5 foot run as there was no way we could get a larger hutch and run into the garden :)censored: odd room layouts, narrow doors and terraced garden) but I they'd love to have a larger hutch to boing about in - "running room" as you put it is essential (I've money put away to buy them a bigger hutch and run when I move house later this year).

Last edited:
Didn't mean to offend, just meant that the most important thing is the happiness and welfare of the rabbits, and I personally believe that a single bun is rarely the best option. I agree (as I said above) that it depends on the individual bun.

I think what Monkey puzzler means is they are more likely to attach to you because they are on their own, but given the choice I'm sure they'd like company all the time. :)

Thanks, that was just what I meant :)

sorry im very upset now i just got a letter asking me to come and collect my busters ashes so im a bit :roll: :cry: at the moment

im all dippy at the moment now so maby that was what the lady emant sure she said running space but she might have meant it diffrently i guess :)

buster was with snowball until she had a litter so i took him out and he did go next to them in the run and also how many animals do you have and do they get all the garden mine all have loves and hugs and have nice hutches cleaned out but i cant just go over the top on one of 2 like you can with your 2 thats all

Last edited:
Awwwww I hope you are ok,. Why not just keep your baby rabbit and get that neutered then find a rescue that will help you bond another rabbit with that one:D.

People won't be having a go at you they are just giving you advice. The RSPCA only rehome rabbits in pairs unless of course it is going to be living with an exsisting bun:D

my baby bun is looking a bit lonely must admit i want a friend for him i went to the rspca they only had buns in pairs the rest were part of an ongoing crulty case :cry:

i had 3 single bunnies at one stage, and then i got them all neutured, and got the last one a friend, and paired the first two up.

tbh theyre not as affectionate to me anymore, sometimes they groom me etc still, but nowhere near as cuddly etc.

BUT i think its more important that my bunnies are in company for 24 hours a day, as opposed to a few hours with human comfort.

they may have been more affectionate tome if i hadnt got them friends but they wouldnt be as happy. and thats more important.

true all the rabbits are far away from me :cry:

well if evryone feels i should get my rabbit a partner as the other 4 are paired and i cant find a rabbit and i dont want to go to a petshop what can i do :cry:

im all upset i have to get busters ashes froom the vet and they know me so will be looking sad when i come :cry:

true all the rabbits are far away from me :cry:

well if evryone feels i should get my rabbit a partner as the other 4 are paired and i cant find a rabbit and i dont want to go to a petshop what can i do :cry:

im all upset i have to get busters ashes froom the vet and they know me so will be looking sad when i come :cry:

You don't have to rush into any decisions, take your time. The thing is now as you have rabbits by themselves just spend as much time with them as you can. The right rabbit will come along if you spend enough time looking. The worst thing to do would be rushing into getting another rabbit and making the wrong decision, better to spend more time on it and get the right on.

sorry im very upset now i just got a letter asking me to come and collect my busters ashes so im a bit :roll: :cry: at the moment

im all dippy at the moment now so maby that was what the lady emant sure she said running space but she might have meant it diffrently i guess :)

buster was with snowball until she had a litter so i took him out and he did go next to them in the run and also how many animals do you have and do they get all the garden mine all have loves and hugs and have nice hutches cleaned out but i cant just go over the top on one of 2 like you can with your 2 thats all

I'm sorry you're feeling sad. :(
I think Kay's idea is a good one. How many buns do you currently have? I know you told me but I've had to empty my pm box since then. ;)
Who is the bit in bold to hun as you haven't said a name so it will be hard for someone to answer.

Where I have quoted you I've made a bit of text bolder than the rest, you've asked a question but not said who it's for. :)

ohhhhh that

that was adressed to glingle

i will try rescues and give it time but if i cnat find any then a pet shop is the only awnser if there is no bunny i can find

Put a sighn up at your vets if they will alow you too or somewhere else Saying that you want a rabbit and all the details this has worked for me before:)

i found them all new homes but i was going to keep he two brothers btu they had fights so had to find hima new home he was the one attacking the one i have so i think a neturd girl with a nice temperment would be great for him :D

Back