• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

....and now we have head tilt too

Sunny has stopped being terrified of Dawn. :D She is sitting with him again and grooming him. Which is wonderful. He also sat and had a very wobbly proper clean. I think he's adjusting to a dizzy life more than anything right now. Hopefully this is a good sign and when the meds kick in things will hopefully improve anymore.

Sunny has stopped being terrified of Dawn. :D She is sitting with him again and grooming him. Which is wonderful. He also sat and had a very wobbly proper clean. I think he's adjusting to a dizzy life more than anything right now. Hopefully this is a good sign and when the meds kick in things will hopefully improve anymore.

So glad to hear things are looking better for him this evening xx

Someone is starting to eat by himself :D someone else has started to eat pellet slurry residue off of his face :lol: :roll:

Someone is starting to eat by himself :D someone else has started to eat pellet slurry residue off of his face :lol: :roll:

:thumb: Mischa kept eating all through his head tilt and I think that really, really helped.

Thanks guys.

I just want to clarify something. When I posted the thread, Dawn was indeed tilting, off the back of the vet trip and the disorientation occured through the movement of the car. He was roughly, at that point over at ten o'clock. Thankfully, when he got home and settled his head is now upright again. But it is vestibular disease (according to the vet- who spoke to me like I was stupid saying I wanted antibiotics and was only going to accept Crystapen).

Now it's upright, he's dizzy and wobbly, but upright. As he gets used to it, he can walk more and more and hop, and kind of clean and kind of periscope (and then fall over) and is alert and interested.

Back