• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Amber possible UTI Mar 10, 2022

bunny momma

Wise Old Thumper
Amber made pee outside litter box a few times and is not as active. She is still eating, just not running for pellets as eagerly so Zorro eating his and many of hers. They both eat lots of hay.
I spoke to vet and possible UTI so she began Baytril today. If she needs further diagnostics vet will get her in monday.
Please send vibes and is all she needs.

Ahh poor Amber :( Hope she gets better soon. I send so many vibrations for her xxxxx

Poor Amber, fingers and paws crossed that the baytril works, sending lots of vibes for your girlie xx

RU Friends,

Amber and I thank you for the vibes. She allowed me to give baytril today. She does not like it, yet she did not resist as much as yesterday. Zorro is providing comfort. Zorro and Amber are snuggling now. They are such good bunnies.

That’s a strong positive update - the amazing strength of love from Zorro and the warm love and support from you BM. I’m glad Amber is taking meds even under a bit of protest. I hope she continues to recover quickly. Millions of vibes from all of us here. Xx

Thanks craig,

You and others have gone through so much that it means a lot to me to get support.
She is running for dinner,and no more pee outside litterbox, yet was damp near her tail when she was picked up last night. She was dry today so not sure if she had just peed or if she dribbled. She may just need time for abx to fully work.
I am so glad fate intervened and I got Zorro to be reunited with Amber.

I'm so glad to read positive developments about Amber. Well done Amber :) Keep sending vibration xxxxxxx

So pleased that Amber is improving, hopefully you have caught this in time, and the abx are doing their work. Sending more vibes for your girlie xx

Today I noticed a dried pee stain on flooring. Not sure if I missed it or when it was made. She is eating well and bright eyed, so not sure if I should call vet to have her checked, or just continue abx and monitor.

Back