• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Am I mean for not cuddling my buns???

I pick all my buns up for cuddles at various times just so they get used to it. They will all tolerate it. I live alone with athritis of the knees/neck/shoulders and need to be able to do bunny care without them struggling. My vet often comments about how easy they are to handle.

With a new bun I build up to cuddles, depending on how the bun reacts. All mine are rescue buns so with some buns it has taken a while before I can cuddle - I start with strokes initially.

When I had to inject my Bridge Bun Furby two or three times a day and nebulise him, I was incredibly relieved that he was easy to handle. He was used to me holding him so he didn't struggle at all.

It's the same with my five cats - they all get picked up on a regular basis. They purr so I think they probably like it:)

I'd be mean for cuddling mine, they're not fans of it.

Me too!!

I have 10 rabbits and not one of them likes being cuddled, not even my trio of little bunnies who I've handled since they were 4 weeks old (they were orphaned).

My Flower Girl trio aren't even that keen on being stroked, although sometimes they will allow a quick nose rub.

All my rabbits are friendly and I can pick them up when I need to for meds, checks etc, but they would rather be left with all four paws on the ground than be picked up for a cuddle.

Back